New To Honda's...need Some Info

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

sirsmashalot

ok, been dealin with v-dubs since before i got my liscence.....just picked up a 88 civic, and am looking to dropa motor. not big on wireing but i've done swaps in volkwagens before...i've heard that a j-spec motor will drop right in pretty easy. What's a j-spec motor?
basically, i'm not lookin for a 11 sec car just some thing that could keep up with my gti. keep in mind i know little about honda's so before listing b16,b18....what do these motors come out of???how much do they run? looking for something pretty cheap.
thanks...

Check out the reference section and articles section,there is a lot of good info on swapping and engine specs to get a good idea of what you want and where to start.As long as you stay within you OBD (OBD 0 in your case) you will only incounter minor wiring,depending on the motor you choose.Swaps in Hondas generally can start around $800 and end up at $5000 depending on what motor into what chassis.The swaps for your generation are pretty cheap.BTW J-spec is Japanese spec.And you want to look at 88-91 siR crx/civic for a good motor.

b16 swap complete including labor 2100.00 lifetime laboe warranty lifetime warranty on mounts and linkage.

b16 is ok in that car, but the ls pulls harder and is just as easy as b16. as long as u have a si engine harness or get the hasport conversion harness do go from dx/std to si harness. check out http://tech.hybridgarage.com/ . the have quite a bit of info..

Back