New Tsx To Come With 2.4l Ivtec

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

luVTEC

I just read that acura will be releasing there new TSX which is similar to the accord platform (no firm date given though), kinda a four door RSX. It will get a 200hp 2.4L iVTEC engine, that will be the base model with an S type model on the way after that. That extra 0.4L displacement would sure make an RSX even more fun :) . To bad I just sold my Type S though :( . The TQ is 166lb-ft :worthy: vs the RSX type S 142lb-ft.

I would've expected a car like this to have an H22 so maybe the K series motors will be replacing more then just the killer B's.

yea, the tsx is sorta like the JDM model of an accord. for a long time honda enthusiasts have wanted honda to bring it over, but that that it's actually coming, nobody really cares

man we keep getting screwed... 2.4l with 200hp... the current rsx type s has 2.0l with 200hp... you would think with that extra 0.4l we would get at least 20hp. the JDM type R (K20A) has like 220hp and like 200 lbs. of torque. oh well i hope some aftermarket companies start making some good products for these motors, to bring out the potential that they have...

No, we didn't get THAT screwed over. You can't compare the base model of the TSX to the Type-S version of the RSX, you have to compare it to the base model of the RSX. What's that, 160 hp? If Honda really does bring us a Type S version of the TSX, I think we can expect alot more power out of a tuned TSX 2.4L.

By the way, moving to Anything Goes.

there is an article in April's Honda Tuning, the TSX is targeting the sport sedan market or lexus is300, and bmw 3 series, it is similar the the accord euro and tsx type s is in the near future.

Basically it's the Accord Type R, isn't it? It's just under the Acura name?

It's a dumbed-down version of the Euro-R that comes in Japan. The Euro-R has a smaller-displacement, more highly tuned engine, the wheelbase is slightly larger, and it has all-wheel drive. Mmmmmm, AWD. I believe they also offer a V6 6-speed manual with LSD as well.

Once again, America gets the shaft.

Back