Newark Police 1, Me 0

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

there are many things I don't talk about here cause of where I work (army depot) and I know that they moniter the computers. Yes, I have a very colorfull past, and would love to share. Maybe at one of the meets.

Post from home on a new screenname.

lol good story E... but this one takes the cake...

A few years ago I was called to come out and race _______ (a tuner from hillside) for $400. So I come out. I end up in the parking lot of some mexican restoraunt called Tio Pepe off rt. 9 northbound and delancey ave. It is me and my friend Scott. I pull into the lot and there are like 30 cars there. Not exactly what I was expecting on a wednesday night @ 11:30pm but I guess word travels fast out there. So I talk to _______'s friend and lock it up. I have my slicks in the back of the hatch and we're waiting on his friend to show with his slicks. About twenty minutes later three Newark cops show up and break the lot meet up and just as me and _______ are about to leave they stop us. They ask us for our lic/reg/ins so I say no problem. He runs my plate and says to me "where the hell is Old Bridge?? You are far from home in a bad neighborhood in a modified civic...are you here to race your car white boy"... _______ leaves the lot and signals we to call him when they let me go. Another cop comes up to me and asks me if my car is illegally modified, in a serious tone... And I just look at him and shake my head no. Then he asks me again.."If I pop your hood am I going to see a race modified engine??"... My reply... with a very serious tone..."YES". He told me to gtfo of Newark and if he ever see's my car there again he will impound it.

I got off lucky. I set it up to run _______ again that weekend, in Newark, :) and everytime we staged and did our burnout the cops would show up and we would have to run. So the race ended up being from a roll on DR's on the parkway and it was for $300. I walked him by about 5 car lengths FTW :thumbsup:

I would like to be able to point out to the newbs here: I don't get why you don't get this, but street racing stories suck.

Also, "Is that a race modified engine" I'm willing to bet you've never seen a "race modified" anything.
when i was applying for insurance a couple years ago, the insurance company asked if my civic was, "modified for illegal streetracing". i asked them with a very concerned tone, "do people really tell you that they modify for street racing". she said, "yes". so i told her with a disguisted tone, "no, my economy civic is bone stock and i use it to drive to work. it's not a ferrari".

are people really this fucking stupid, or what is going on with the world today.

I would love to know what insurance company that was. Would be funny to call them and note to them that the car they want to insure is a 1992 honda civic with a high performance modified engine with nitrous. "Will this increase my rate?...I'm a non smoker with driver and passenger side airbags!" LOL

I would love to know what insurance company that was. Would be funny to call them and note to them that the car they want to insure is a 1992 honda civic with a high performance modified engine with nitrous. "Will this increase my rate?...I'm a non smoker with driver and passenger side airbags!" LOL
i think it was usaa. might have been geico.

Geico quoted me for insurance over the phone last year for some ridiculous price... something like $6,400 for SIX MONTHS. I laughed at the guy for about two minutes than I told him I wasn't going to be buying insurance from Geico anytime in the near future since I pay $2000 for the year now. Both of those quotes are for basic liability.

$2000/year? thats fucking nuts. might as well not have insurance at that price.

My driving record is terrible from years ago. I even cleaned up my act and still got popped for stupid things. I got a careless driving ticket for running a yellow light, a 3-point traffic violation for making a right-hand turn onto an avenue that you cannot due to the high volume of pedestrians walking, meanwhile this was at 2:00am with noone around whatsoever. NJ sucks. I have to pay $375 a year for three years (surcharges). I can only get insured from PAIP (NJ State) and that costs me now, $2100 a year for liability and one car with only me down as a driver.

ive saved millions by switching to hit and make sure theyre dead.if not shift that bitch into reverse and make sure they are

Back