Newark Police 1, Me 0

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Lemme give you a breakdown, because CT does this even WORSE than NJ does.

In CT, if you are driving after sundown with a car that is "half or over half it's full occupancy" you can be pulled over. This is reasonable suspicion. So if you have any passengers in your car at night, you're liable to be pulled over. And guess what their phrasing means for 2 seaters ?

you got it.

Guess what their phrasing means for huge SUVs and minvans ? You got it again.

That type of thing happens all over the world. If a cop notices a group of three or more in a vehicle and they appear to be "teens" they automatically think you are in possesion of drugs or alcohol. It's terrible but that is how 90% of police officers think. Why? Because they are trained that way in the police academy. :)

Just do what I did when I was a teenager... Drive around the police station with your windows down @ 2:00am blasting the theme song to cops with the bass down and the treble up :thumbsup:

just a heads up.... cops do not find any humor in the phrase "check the trunk"

just a heads up.... cops do not find any humor in the phrase "check the trunk"
nor do they appreciate you singing "cop killer" to them, asking them if jews can be cops cause well bacon's not kosher, pointing out every single donut shop on the way to the station or urinating in the back of there car and trying to rainbow it over the back of the front seat.

:lmao:

is there a story you are not telling us??????

there are many things I don't talk about here cause of where I work (army depot) and I know that they moniter the computers. Yes, I have a very colorfull past, and would love to share. Maybe at one of the meets.

when i think of new jersey, i think of harold and kumar.

racist cop:hey, that nigger has a gun.
nigger:it's a book, i'm only reading.
racist cop:hey, that nigger has a book. beat him up.

this shit isn't right, but it's how the world is.

That type of thing happens all over the world. If a cop notices a group of three or more in a vehicle and they appear to be "teens" they automatically think you are in possesion of drugs or alcohol. It's terrible but that is how 90% of police officers think. Why? Because they are trained that way in the police academy. :)

I can testify to the truth of this ...

EVERY time i am with someone and i get pulled over i get searched ...

I have never been searched by myself.

lol...
when i was recovering from my accident (still had the external fixator on my leg), my friend Justin (jp_p5 on here) was working third shift as a medical currier (basically delivering med supplies and stuff to nursing homes), so a few times a week he would bring me along so i could get the hell out of the house for a few hours and he wouldnt be bored off his ass driving around by himself all night... anyway... one night we are on our way to a delivery and a cop sees us... 2 guys around 20ish driving at about 2:30ish in the morning (bars close at 2am in CT)... we get pulled over...
first cop: license and registration
justin: here ya go
first cop: do you know why i pulled you over
justin: no officer i dont
me: (mumbling under my breath on the passenger side of the car) cuz youre bored and have nothing better to do
justin: (to me) shut the fuck up
first cop: been drinking at all tonight?
justin: no officer
first cop: any drugs alcohol or weapons in the car?
me: does the 20 bottles of morphine in the back seat count!!!
justin::suprised:
first cop: what!?!?!?!
justin: (searching frantically for his work credentials) uh... im a currier... uh... er... medical currier... i.... uh deliver medical supplies... i have paperwork for transporting narcotics and uhhh....

second cop comes sneaking up on the passenger side to do the glance around in the car while we were distracted by the cop on the driver side... he spots the external fixator on my leg (looks kinda like scaffolding)
second cop: HOLY SHIT!!! WHAT THE FUCK HAPPENED TO YOUR LEG!!!!!!
me: hehe bike accident... you like it (holding it up for a better view)
second cop: JEEEEEEESUS!!! hey ______ you gotta come take a look at this
first cop: (looks in) awwww man!!! thats just not right!!! (handing justin back his info) here... i pulled you over cuz it didnt look like you had your seatbelt on... you're all set.... drive safe...

driving away
justin: you fuckin asshole
me: BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA :bo:you shoulda seen the look on your fuckin face :bo:

haha, i hate cops, but that's a good story.

i got pulled over for no front plate once. my plates were stolen and used for joyriding and when i got them back, I only got one. so when they pulled me over, i pulled into an empty parking lot rather than in the middle of the fucking street. so they got in a fit about it and called in 3 more cars. i got out, and asked, "is this really necessary"? they said i was supposed to stop as soon as i saw the lights. i asked, "even in the middle of the street? i was looking out for YOUR safety." he said, "yeah, just stop" gave him my paperwork, all checked clear. stupid fucking no plate ticket. got new plates and got it dropped. cops just suck dick for donuts.

x2 on e's story - awesome. as for pulling over in the middle of everydamnwhere, i hate when cops pull that crap. getting into a parking lot isn't trying to evade a police officer, so they should simmer the hell down. control freaks. grr. can you tell i've had that a few times too? fuck the cop, i'm more concerned about getting plowed into by someone not paying attention.

lol good story E... but this one takes the cake...

A few years ago I was called to come out and race _______ (a tuner from hillside) for $400. So I come out. I end up in the parking lot of some mexican restoraunt called Tio Pepe off rt. 9 northbound and delancey ave. It is me and my friend Scott. I pull into the lot and there are like 30 cars there. Not exactly what I was expecting on a wednesday night @ 11:30pm but I guess word travels fast out there. So I talk to _______'s friend and lock it up. I have my slicks in the back of the hatch and we're waiting on his friend to show with his slicks. About twenty minutes later three Newark cops show up and break the lot meet up and just as me and _______ are about to leave they stop us. They ask us for our lic/reg/ins so I say no problem. He runs my plate and says to me "where the hell is Old Bridge?? You are far from home in a bad neighborhood in a modified civic...are you here to race your car white boy"... _______ leaves the lot and signals we to call him when they let me go. Another cop comes up to me and asks me if my car is illegally modified, in a serious tone... And I just look at him and shake my head no. Then he asks me again.."If I pop your hood am I going to see a race modified engine??"... My reply... with a very serious tone..."YES". He told me to gtfo of Newark and if he ever see's my car there again he will impound it.

I got off lucky. I set it up to run _______ again that weekend, in Newark, :) and everytime we staged and did our burnout the cops would show up and we would have to run. So the race ended up being from a roll on DR's on the parkway and it was for $300. I walked him by about 5 car lengths FTW :thumbsup:

I would like to be able to point out to the newbs here: I don't get why you don't get this, but street racing stories suck.

Also, "Is that a race modified engine" I'm willing to bet you've never seen a "race modified" anything.

Sometimes a little humor will get you off easier...other times it can just make things worse.

Celerity, I do not street race anymore. This was roughly four years ago. As for the cop knowing what a "race modified engine" looks like...they actually do know what to look for in northern nj. They have been trained for it. They even know what intercoolers look like. They also have a thing called "car crime" in NJ now. They don't hesitate to impound cars without VIN's and the such. And if your driving a Honda with a turbo setup on it and its not CARB exempt they impound as well.

I guess you wouldn't see the humor in it unless you were there. It's funny as hell to me when I got that look from the police officer, and luckily I got off easily.

Yea I got pulled over once or twice when I had the turbo hatch, but I didn't have a front bumper on when I got pulled over so the IC was very visible. They were actually more concerned about the open DP then modified anything else back then.

Back