Newbe here... just want to know more about my 95 coupe

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

FITZ95COUPE

Hi I'm new to the honda scene, and pretty much new to doing my own work on cars... I have so many questions so you will see a lot of threads from me. First question... what does ZC stand for.... when ever I'm looking at info about motors... I see certain models and years have a ZC. I hope this made sense...

There are a few different types of ZC motors. They are older and weren't offered in the states. B-Series motors are the ones most commonly swapped into your chassis.

Your car is a chaise code of EG, it had a D series engine when it was built. If a DX then its alot lighter than its EX brother had a D15B7 motor with about 105 HP at the crank and no vtec and a crap ecu no one ever wants, if you have an EX you had the un killable D16z6 with 136 hp and vtec, and the well sought after p28 ecu which if you do still have I'd keep as almost any OBD1 swap will use that ECU.

Other than that the car is a solid car, rust forms on the wheel wells on the rear and the rockers if not kept clean, another spot is the rear back bumper... The car if hit in the front and the head light breaks it could be a total loss to most insurance companies as the glass head lights are discontinued and cost a fortune new.

Stock tires were 185/75/r14's and I would recomend a good Summer tire vs an all season and then a good winter if you have snow as the car tends to like to hydro plane in rain and it drifts like an animal in the winter.

I also would avoid almost any other car as it has a good crash raitting but its a one time use kinda deal.

I would say the stock seats suck and prelude seats are much better and bolt in fairly quickly.

Best mods for the stock motor are Intake, full exhaust and a better tune.

No NOS but honda's do love turbos and Hondata

Back