Nice Turbo Kit W/ Sweet Manifold Batman!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

mwasnp

I will give cliff notes first. Basically you can get the nicest "turbo kit" I've seen (gotta love the 3" DP!!!), (no bov or intercooler though) for $1975 with the following:

-Aircraft certified 321 stainless steel(321 is alloyed with titanium!) TIG welded turbo manifold with full 1/2 inch thick computer CNC machined flanges for exact fit and no warpage(most other kits use cheaper 304 ss or plumbing store weld els made of mild steel or 304 which eventually crack. 304 and mild steel do not have the heat resistant properties that 321 has. 321 is simply the best turbo header material available)

-Full 3" diameter stainless steel TIG welded downpipe standard on all kits(most other kits come standard with a 2.5 or smaller downpipe)

-Garrett T3/T4 Hybrid turbocharger

-Tial 35mm wastegate

-Braided Stainless steel Oil feed and drainback lines with Anodized Blue and Red AN fittings and weld on bung for the oil pan for the turbo drainback.(no cheap rubber lines that always melt away possibly ruining your motor and turbo)

-Turbo and wastegate gaskets.

I actually called the maker of this manifold and kit and talked with him for like half an hour or more, and he knows what hes talking about. He has a toyota p/u with the supra single turbo motor swapped in, runs 10 sec. quarters with a t72 turbo :worthy: And he will swap the t3/t04e turbo for a t3/60-1 for $100 more, and he can get me a spearco intercooler for a good price too. That manifold makes me wanna cream in my pants, looks very nice. I am anxious to see what it looks like after he puts it on a flow bench. I am reasonably sure its much nicer than what the ks-motorsports kit comes with. And this kit has a 3" DP!!! Here is the link on hondatech with pics of the manifold Manifold Pics on Honda-tech Alot of good info in the post as well. So I am between this kit and the full-race.com kit, which comes with a greddy type r bov, an equal length manifold (not sure if this is any better than the manifold with this kit), and intercooler with piping. Not sure thats worth $2000, I am thinking no. But you guys let me know what you think too!

That is a VERY nice manifold. I would go with his kit. I am simply in love with it and might be asking him about a kit myself whenever i'm doing going NA with my motor. (yea, i like wasting money :D)

I really like it alot, the best part of all is he will make it custom for your application, so if you are using a t3, t4, or a mitsu turbo he will make it so any of them will fit. Hes a cool guy too.

Yea, the fact that he will custom tailor it to whatever the customer wants was the main selling point. When you find more info on it over there, keep us posted. I dont surf honda-tech much at all.

By the time i get to the boosted engine build for my d15, you would have bought this kit alreay (if you do get it) and so i can see how it is before i buy it. :)

You staying d-series or going b-series in your rex (you do have a rex right?)?

I am pulling a b18a out of an integra as soon as it warms up enough up here in mn. And I will keep all posted. I am thinking about using this kit @ 9 psi on my stock ls block while I build a separate block for later.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Feb 17 2003, 01:18 AM
looks like a d-series manifold to me :bash:

The thread on Honda-Tech says that it's a D manifold, but they guy said he would manufacture a B manifold if someone wanted it. It sounds like he's custom making each one of them.

Originally posted by Calesta+Feb 17 2003, 03:20 AM-->
pissedoffsol
@Feb 17 2003, 01:18 AM
looks like a d-series manifold to me :bash:

The thread on Honda-Tech says that it's a D manifold, but they guy said he would manufacture a B manifold if someone wanted it. It sounds like he's custom making each one of them.

The manifold pictured is a D series, but it is also available in B series as well.

Regards,
Dave
Super T Motorsports
www.supertmotorsports.com
manifold9.jpg

Back