Nissan Silvia Sites

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

YangpaNemsay

Does anyone know any good Nissan Silvia sites, any specifically for the S15?

I always do google searches before posting up questions like these on the forums, just wanted to know if anyone knew any good sites.

s15 never made it to the states....

therefore, there aren't many in english.

Originally posted by YangpaNemsay@Jun 3 2003, 02:35 AM
well, that will all change for me once i scramble up $9k.

$9k!!! BAHAHAHAHA

keep dreaming dude. It will cost you 20,000 just to register the thing.

if you want to find one for sale, talk to this guy: http://www.night7racing.com/cars.html

his last one sold for 27,000 non-US spec'ed

9k = not likely to happen

why?

because A)you have to buy it (if you find a Silvia S15 for 9k its either nearly totaled, a piece of crap, or stolen) B) just shipping it over here with a container internationally will cost you over a 1000 easily, I've not only researched international shipping but have spoken to many banks on the subject and its quite expensive. C) once its here, the government requires a 500% as well as paying to legalize the chassis and then run it though the government tests, which is nonrefundable EVEN if you fail. As far as i know, no one has done this and it usually requires that you submit SEVERAL cars that have been outfited under strict us regulations. Hopefully you've already dont the research on the models available and the different options(dont try and get one from austrailia, a 200sx has some slight differences, namely the engine). Hook ups or not, unless you own a bank and have Uncle Sam in your pocket, you need to set your sites a little more realistic(try modifying a 95-98 240 sx cause thats about as close to the real deal as your gonna get).

Not trying to be a complete ass, but its the reality and im sure i've left stuff out, we can always dream though...*shakes fist at nissan dealership*

I almost got a civic from Aussie, until i looked deeper into it. 1200 to rent a container, plus shipping, plus the price of the car.. fuck it. No reason to pay 6-7K plus just in the car and getting it here.. plus whatever it takes to legalize it. rhd is useless and pointless. The only reason to do it is to alert theives and cops to get your ass.

Back