Nissan suspension

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

NissanNiNjA2nd

So for the past week or so I have been researching the suspension for pulsar... so far I have figured that I can put things from the B13 chassis on to the N13... so that is plus... basically it means I can Use the SE-R springs and struts for me... :D

So after reading through other things I have noticed that I will probably be using KYB or tokico, basically because they are readily available to me

Ive read that B is using 8/6 on his del sol... is that in kg/mm... err what...

in lbs I have noticed a lot of people going with 400/350 for serious Auto-x.... seems a little stiff to me.. I was think more along the lines of 350/300....is that too low... this car will be a VERY serious auto-x car... thats all I am building it for... 1/4 can eat a dick, straight line doesnt take shit...

What do you think for spring rates and other suspension stuffs, AND WHO???!

You can't compare the Pulsar/NX's spring rates to a Civic... the shocks mount in different locations. My old roommate has a 96 SE-R, and he went with 300lb/in up front and 200lb/in in the back with a custom TrueChoice coilover setup. It was plenty stiff- comparable to a stiffer spring setup in a Civic.

The 8/6 or whatever numbers you see people posting up are kg/mm figures. Each 1 kg/mm is equivalent to 56 lb/in.

Back