No wonder the CPSC hates go karts

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Ain't a pro until you flip it. Wil needs to show you what's up.
When I was doing doughnuts on the parking pad I almost did flip it. It got up about 60 degrees before I got it back down safely.

I'd consider nox, but it's really hard to get where I live, and I don't want to keep buying whippets.

Here are some detailed photos.

laqdyiP.jpg

hLabOSt.jpg

7ocu8VX.jpg

mVPa4yh.jpg

p87vJ85.jpg

I hope you clear coat the floor pan art. That needs to be preserved for future generations.

I feel like this needs more overhead cage, and a 5 point harness.
Having a go-cart land on top of you is no fun.
I agree, the cage I built on mine saved my face when the steering linkage broke and the cart decided to veer off to the right at high speed about 20 feet into a densely forested area, lol.
1048217_10151485720467078_1995642069_o.jpg

I feel like this needs more overhead cage, and a 5 point harness.
Having a go-cart land on top of you is no fun.

I was just about to say this after reading the nitrous comments...

Yeah, I've already indexed the spark plug. I cheated though....

I pulled the head, put the spark plug in, and torqued it until it lined up.
I then put a mark on the head and one on the plug.
Then put everything back together, and lined everything up again.

No idea how much difference it makes, since I threw an E3 spark plug in there too.

I finally got the garage cleared out enough to get both the lawnmower and the go-kart in there.

I finally got the new front tires mounted today, and immediately remembered why I don't mount tires by hand very often.

My wife watched me ride it around the yard, and was terrified the while time. She says that it's faster than my car, less safe than the truck, and louder than most of our guns. Lol.

I toasted a belt tonight. Like chunks of rubber flying, cloud of smoke following me. It was incredible, heh.

Got a new belt on it. @GSRCRXsi took it around the property other weekend.

The new front tires on it really make a huge difference with control and handling. Well worth the $40 and hour of swearing to dismount the old ones and mount the new ones.

Back