not sure whats goin on plz help

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

smoothies

Gs-R swap in a ek, when drivin can barely accelerate, idles good, revs nice when park, changed out injectors, fuel filter, new spark plugs with wires, no check engine light, everything is good until i try to push it, im running a p28 with jumper, not sure whats the prob ne info would b nice thx

Originally posted by fmrdodgeman@Aug 23 2005, 06:32 PM
Whats the fuel pressure?
[post=544258]Quoted post[/post]​

fuel pressure could be a problem...happened in my hatch...had everything checked out..all it was, was my FPR was adjusted wrong

Originally posted by eg6sir+Aug 23 2005, 10:35 PM-->
fmrdodgeman
@Aug 23 2005, 06:32 PM
Whats the fuel pressure?
[post=544258]Quoted post[/post]​

fuel pressure could be a problem...happened in my hatch...had everything checked out..all it was, was my FPR was adjusted wrong
[post=544278]Quoted post[/post]​

dont think it could b the fuel pressure, had this gsr in a Si hatch, had teh same prob, then switched over to this Ek now still hav teh same prob, the last person who checkd the fuel pressure said it was good

it could be the timming, maybe the belt jumped timming, id pull the cover off and check, also check your Main relay and try swapin the ECU to a P72 just to see how it works out,, also do you notice it at around the time Vtec hits? or be4? just wondering becuz it can be your Dizzy or the Vtec solenoid might be Dirty

Originally posted by EG_Case@Aug 24 2005, 02:02 AM
it could be the timming, maybe the belt jumped timming, id pull the cover off and check, also check your Main relay and try swapin the ECU to a P72 just to see how it works out,, also do you notice it at around the time Vtec hits? or be4? just wondering becuz it can be your Dizzy or the Vtec solenoid might be Dirty
[post=544399]Quoted post[/post]​

still havin the same prob, did all the basic diagnostic tests still no luck,.... still chokes when drivin, plus is it a good idea to still drive with this prob, ne body kno teh symptoms of a bent valve or a fukd up block? i should hear screeeching noise from either or right?

my sound weird, but vtec solenoid might be stuck on. try unplugging it and see if your acceleration improves. or you could run a test light to the solenoid plug and see if its getting a constant circuit. ive had a hatch that acted like this, the high rpm profile of the vtec cam is lousy down low.

Originally posted by evoracer03@Aug 28 2005, 11:57 PM
my sound weird, but vtec solenoid might be stuck on.  try unplugging it and see if your acceleration improves.  or you could run a test light to the solenoid plug and see if its getting a constant circuit.  ive had a hatch that acted like this, the high rpm profile of the vtec cam is lousy down low.
[post=546598]Quoted post[/post]​

did u just rewired or checkd ur vtec solenoid and the problem went away? i figured it would run the same just with out vtec, ill try and see how it goes, ne other advice would b nice

if the circuit is energized constantly, then its like running on a full race cam. real shitty idle, poor acceleration, the whole deal. if you unplug it, (if this is actually the problem) then it will de-energize the solenoid, returning back to the low rpm cam.

Originally posted by evoracer03@Aug 29 2005, 12:58 AM
if the circuit is energized constantly, then its like running on a full race cam. real shitty idle, poor acceleration, the whole deal. if you unplug it, (if this is actually the problem) then it will de-energize the solenoid, returning back to the low rpm cam.
[post=546631]Quoted post[/post]​

not to be repetitive but this should just drive correctly with out vtec correct? (if it is the problem) in which case if it is then does it mean i have a broken vtec solenoid valve? or just possibly dirty

yes, it should drive correctly if this is the problem. no it does not mean that the solenoid is bad or dirty, it means that somewhere between the vtec solenoid and the ecu you are completing the circuit to operate it. but once again, im just throwing this out there based on the symptoms you described. it would take 5 minutes for you to go to your car and unplug the solenoid, take it for a drive and let me know how it went. if its still having problems, then we move on to the next logical step.

if you are running a a stock gsr intake manifold that probly is your prob.the stock gsr intake manifold is 2 stage it has iab butterflies in it that open at a certain rpm range if they don't open you just choke the motor.if you are running a p28 that is your problem u can do a couple different things to solve this problem the best way would to be is to get a p72(there is a pin in the p72 to activate the butterflies) the second is you can get an msd rpm switch,or get a skunk 2 manifold or go the cheap way and take the plate out of the manifold and cut the butterflies out and put it back in.hope this helps.

Back