Nothing like saving money on gas,

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Yeah...I barely get 19mpg in my fucking prelude, and I floor it like once a month.

Alignment>>gastank

floor it once a month...:eek:_0:

I touch 100 everyday. I sit at 125 when go to PA for at least 20-30 miles.

Originally posted by Seany-izzle@Aug 25 2005, 01:24 PM
so why is everyone so pissy about it if they dont mean anything???
[post=545190]Quoted post[/post]​

...because its not fuel efficient and hard on the atmosphere? I don't know, who would care about those silly things.

Originally posted by E_SolSi+Aug 25 2005, 02:46 PM-->
Battle Pope
@Aug 25 2005, 02:30 PM
Because people are whiners and hypocrites.

Brian (as an example) drives an STi, which gets barely better mpg than your typical SUV, and yet complains about SUVs and gas prices.

Hundreds of thousands of American "SUV Soccer Moms" are outraged every time they pull up to the pump and are disgusted with their vehicle's mileage. What do they do? Whine and pay.

I personally am pissed cause the gas prices are going up (which is fine), but my paycheck's not getting any bigger. I know I drive an inefficient vehicle. That's why I'm trying to sell it for a more efficient one.
[post=545194]Quoted post[/post]​

Brian doesnt bitch aout gas prices... he has said many times that he doesnt care what it costs.... and he bitches about SUVs for the same reason that i bitch about SUVS... they are unsafe, and they make the roads less safe for everyone else

shitty handling
prone to tipping
poor visibility of other cars around you
sub par braking
the list goes on....

there are some exceptions to this rule... but not many
[post=545210]Quoted post[/post]​

One hit me because the owner wasn't observant of traffic rules, I use this as fuel for my hatred of them.

The is why i hate them, primarely to the hard to see around them facter i hate passing SUVs blindly. Also the whole status factor sucks, people buy a fukin explorer to feel more in control and powerful blah blah blah i hate 'em. I also don't like conservatives, from a pure only knowing them as conseravatives basis but i should svae that for another topic and i am sure this site has seen it's share of bush bashing, i know i am sick of it.

Originally posted by New2TheCarScene+Aug 25 2005, 11:21 PM-->
Seany-izzle
@Aug 25 2005, 01:24 PM
so why is everyone so pissy about it if they dont mean anything???
[post=545190]Quoted post[/post]​

...because its not fuel efficient and hard on the atmosphere? I don't know, who would care about those silly things.
[post=545425]Quoted post[/post]​

but a CAR getting the same mpg and spewing the same shitty shit out the tail pipe at the same pace doesnt hurt?? hmmmm
I also don't like conservatives, from a pure only knowing them as conseravatives basis but i should svae that for another topic and i am sure this site has seen it's share of bush bashing, i know i am sick of it.

rut-row

Originally posted by Seany-izzle@Aug 26 2005, 01:12 PM

but a CAR getting the same mpg and spewing the same shitty shit out the tail pipe at the same pace doesnt hurt?? hmmmm

This is a car website, right?

Well, I would think there would and should be some general knowledge about emissions and trucks and whats happening to our atmosphere.

I'm not sure what that truck is classified as, it may be classified as something higher than a truck, but the emission standards for trucks are far more leniant than for cars. Thus when a car is getting 16mpg its completely different from a truck getting 16mpg.

Most car manufacturers classify any vehicles that get poor gas mileage, as trucks if there's any way possible to do so. Otherwise, they would get hit for fines for producing "cars" with such poor gas mileage and emissions.

Here's a prime example, the H2 was classified as something other than a light truck so the manufacturer didn't have to disclose the vehicles actual gas mileage. This is why the morons who bought the H2 and then figured out they were getting a mere 6mpg were up in arms...

There's loopholes in practically every piece of legislation.

they don't require mpg tests on diesels.

and believe it or not that truck is better for the enviroment than you think, a gasser puts out more chemicals than a diesel. I heard about a fuel that just came out that emits almost nothing, they're trying it in busses in washington dc right now. burns clean and no more black clouds...(which is just unburnt fuel)

30mpg here :) But I am still peeved about gas prices.

55mpg city
70mpg+ highway

couldnt give less of a fuck about gas prices

i filled up last night... cost me $26.50... last time i filled up was 3 weeks ago for $25.00

:shrug2:

gas prices are high here and we drill and produce the shit 20 miles away. I fill my truck 2 times a week at 100$ a shoot. Do I bitch no why cause I need the shit. The price will not go down until demand goes down, and this will not happen until the world changes they way they live.

Originally posted by hcivic.com@Aug 27 2005, 05:30 PM
gas prices are high here and we drill and produce the shit 20 miles away. I fill my truck 2 times a week at 100$ a shoot. Do I bitch no why cause I need the shit. The price will not go down until demand goes down, and this will not happen until the world changes they way they live.
[post=546108]Quoted post[/post]​

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

"..I fill my truck 2 times a week at 100$.."
"..Until the world changes the way they live."

Oh boy... We'll never pull shit shit off, will we

Back