O2 sensor stimulator

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Akirazian

Banned
anyone know how to build one for OBD 1 for 92-95. I just installed a straight CAT so my CEL is on.

what car do you have? i have never seen a honda o2 sensor that plugs into the car. they are usually on the manifold either before the cat, or shortly after the head/manifold meet

what code is it throwing because the 92-95 O2 sensor is before the cat on the exhaust manifold up high on d series and right on the collector of the exhaust manifold on the b series...
i've never seen a 5th gen throw a code for that shit

Originally posted by pills_PMD@Oct 7 2002, 11:36 AM
what code is it throwing because the 92-95 O2 sensor is before the cat on the exhaust manifold up high on d series and right on the collector of the exhaust manifold on the b series...
i've never seen a 5th gen throw a code for that shit

thats what im saying-- the o2 isn't NEAR the cat...

unless its an dx/LX and like the cat is up high on the manifold... like almost aprt of the downpipe

I have a JDM B16a SiR II in my 92 honda civic hb. I'm using my stock CX engine harness. Which i think is not a good idea. But it does plugs right in the JDM b16a motor and works properly. The only problem that the stock CX engine harness doesn't have is the VTEC, VTEC Oil pressure, knock sensor, and O2 sensor. I hooked up VTEC, VTEC Oil Pressure, and knock sensor. But the O2 sensor have 4 different wires. I dont know where the 4 wires lead to. I was told that if i use the 92-95 Civic Si engine harness. The problem of the O2 sensor would be solved. (Not sure, but does the Si engine harness have 02 sensor that can plug right into the B16a?) But it's too much trouble to take all the wirings out the engine. So i found a site that teaches me how to build my own O2 sensor stimulator. So instead i wouldn't have to change the engine harness to the Si. It's throwing out O2 sensor problem. Because the O2 sensor as of now is not hooked up.

With the o2 sensor just add the wires for the o2 sensor instead of ripping out your harness and putting a new one in.

a friend of mine has done this before. i'm familiar with how to build this simple device...but he can tell you what to buy at radio shack. its like 15 dollars...

as far as the o2 sensor, it would be easiest to add the necessary wires.

email leon at j3rky@yahoo.com

Originally posted by jeff@Oct 13 2002, 09:49 PM
With the o2 sensor just add the wires for the o2 sensor instead of ripping out your harness and putting a new one in.

ok ok Jeff, I know two wires leads to the ECU but what about the other two wires?

I will get you the web page in a few days. I wont be around too much anymore, I hate my fucking job.

you need at least 1 O2 sensor, otherwise you car would run like crap. also, the only time there is a O2 sensor in the cat is on OBD2 cars/motors, which from what you said, you do not have... so this must be for your only O2 sensor? you should get it hooked up to the ecu, can you use your old O2 sensor from you old motor?

Back