O2 sensor?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I have a 98 GSR swap that I'm about to put into my 96 Civic. The only problem is that I don't have the catalytic converter and I'm having a lot of trouble finding one. I know that on the GSR cat, the two O2 sensors are installed directly on the cat.

Since I'm having so much trouble finding one, I was wondering if it would be just as good if I bought an RS cat and had the primary O2 sensor tapped into the downpipe?

It would work for the Primary o2, but unless you get a obd2 setup, you still need a spot for the second o2.

Originally posted by asmallsol@Feb 13 2004, 03:24 PM
It would work for the Primary o2, but unless you get a obd2 setup, you still need a spot for the second o2.

That's ok, the RS cat has a spot for the secondary O2 sensor. I was just worried for the primary O2. On GSRs it is on the cat and on Type-Rs and the other lower trims its on the downpipe.

Thanks for the info.

BTW how would I put it on the downpipe? I was told to take a nut that fits onto the O2 sensor and to weld it on the downpipe.

If there is a spot for it, you just screw it in. If there is no spot for the primary o2 on the "down pipe" (lower part of the header) then your going to have to cut a small hole, weld a bolt on there, and screw the o2 in that way.

Back