OBD1 distributor wire colors, quick question

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

nisif

I'm in the process of making an OBD2 to OBD1 distributor conversion harness. The distributor clip from the OBD1 distributor is not oem, and I believe some of wire colors may differ from an oem distributor clip.
The main concern I have is that my OBD1 distributor clip does NOT have a green wire as indicated in the wiring diagram below. Can anyone take a picture of their oem clip for me or point me in the right direction? TIA

From the top row left to right the colors are:
1) Orange 2) Orange/blue 3) Blue/green 4) Yellow/green
From the bottom row left to right the colors are:
5) White 6) White/blue 7) Blue/yellow 8) Empty pinout

don't know where that diagram came from but it is not correct - the picture of the connector has the correct wire colors that are on the OEM OBD1 distributor

obd0_1.jpg

Last edited:
Good looking jli, thanks for providing the correct diagram. Definately cleared up some confusion. Unfortunately I routed the wires according the above diagram and the car will not run. The car will start for a split second and then immediately stall out. There are no check engine lights and I know for a fact the distributor is in good condition because I tried running it on an OBD2 car. Hmm....

Back