Odd Item - Motorola Razr V3 on Ebay

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

totalburnout

VIP
I received this phone free through an internet survey group, it took about 6 months to arrive but it finally did.

I used it for about two weeks and it has two tiny scratches, after I scratched it I decided I had to sell it and revert to my old phone that I can drop, kick, throw against the wall and not worry about it.

Up on Ebay

Reserve - $300
Retails new without service contract for - $499
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...AMESE%3AIT&rd=1

Originally posted by YouKnowWhoIBee@May 24 2005, 10:30 PM
i will buy it for 150 cash... 300 is way too much. Now they go for 199.00 new with a 2 year contract.
[post=503244]Quoted post[/post]​

I think you have a decent chance at getting it. Personally I would spend 30 bucks more, and get the brand new one from another seller though.

Honestly that is true i could just buy it from cingular themselves. I have been looking at that phone for sometime now. You shoot me a deal New2TheCarScene though pm's or here and i will let you know.

Bump for an ok deal as my buddy bought his for 300 with a 2 year contract!

Originally posted by YouKnowWhoIBee@May 25 2005, 12:48 AM
Honestly that is true i could just buy it from cingular themselves. I have been looking at that phone for sometime now. You shoot me a deal New2TheCarScene though pm's or here and i will let you know.
[post=503251]Quoted post[/post]​

No thanks.

Average selling price on ebay is $299.

Its $499 new unlocked.

I'm not cingular. I'm not selling you a 2 year contract, phones that are unlocked are far more expensive when bought without contracts.

Mine isn't a special edition but this one is, 31 bids and $385 new.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...5775509552&rd=1

There's no way I'm selling this for $150, if thats the case I'll just keep it because its a conversation breaker and everyone loves it. If I can't get $300 for it, I want atleast $280 that the others are going for.

You never mentioned it was unlocked. What did you do to unlock it? What flash program did you use? That is a whole nother story now :)

Originally posted by YouKnowWhoIBee@May 25 2005, 01:26 AM
You never mentioned it was unlocked. What did you do to unlock it? What flash program did you use? That is a whole nother story now :)
[post=503280]Quoted post[/post]​

Its a cingular phone, all you do is pop a SIM card in and you're good to go...

As long as you have an active SIM card you can just transfer it to this phone and its good to go, you don't have to call to active the phone like Verizon or anything.

No unlocking is a totally different story. Unlocking doesnt just mean that you can use another sim card. Unlocked it basically re-writing your phone. To where you can change the color of the menu to whatever you want, or to change how your phone starts up or even to change the led light on the font of the screen. If it is unlocked what flash did you use? R374_G_0E.40.9DR_reflash is one of the newer ones out for it.

Unlocking is where you take control of your phone and you make it do what you want. If you wanna have your menu bright pink with the words "Joe" on the front instead of the service provider and put the clock in the top left of your screen you can do it. If you want the Dali Llama to come on your screen as you power up and play a song as you start up you can. Unlocking the service provider is easy. Now selling an totally unlocked phone... would be worth the 420 dollars.

Originally posted by YouKnowWhoIBee@May 25 2005, 01:49 AM
http://www.cellularchoices.net/phone_featu...uetooth/phones/
[post=503293]Quoted post[/post]​

Whats your point?

You have to sign up for a two year family plan. Cell phones are always cheaper when you sign up for plans, look at a brand new motorola razr that doesn't come with a plan and find out how much it costs, its going to be $400-500. By buying my phone you just saved atleast $100 for a barely used phone.

Basically if you're looking for a $150 phone that does not require a plan, I'm not your man to try to bargain with. Its worth more than that to me. I don't need to sell it by any means.

Brand new w/ out service plan - $499.

http://www.popularelect.com/Motorola.html

You just saved $200 for a phone that has two teeny tiny scratches on the bottom corners.

yep, cell phone upgrades are not cheap if your already in a contract. My phone that I got free with my account was starting to show its age, so I went to the cingular store to look for a new one. My exact phone was going for 150 without a contract, free with one. The razr3 was going for 500 or something stupidly expensive like that. 300 is reasonable for that phone

Originally posted by asmallsol@May 25 2005, 12:14 PM
yep, cell phone upgrades are not cheap if your already in a contract. My phone that I got free with my account was starting to show its age, so I went to the cingular store to look for a new one. My exact phone was going for 150 without a contract, free with one. The razr3 was going for 500 or something stupidly expensive like that. 300 is reasonable for that phone
[post=503404]Quoted post[/post]​

Thank you.

Originally posted by New2TheCarScene@May 25 2005, 02:22 AM
There's no way I'm selling this for $150, if thats the case I'll just keep it because its a conversation breaker and everyone loves it.
[post=503276]Quoted post[/post]​

That is the most pathetic reason i have ever heard for keeping a phone,"'cause everyone loves it? <_<

Now that is some independant thinking right there.I can think of a ton better things to spend 3-$500 on.
Hell, for $500 i could have a LSD for my transmission.

GL on the sale anyway.

Originally posted by baker423@May 26 2005, 02:15 PM

That is the most pathetic reason i have ever heard for keeping a phone,"'cause everyone loves it? <_<

Now that is some independant thinking right there.I can think of a ton better things to spend 3-$500 on.
Hell, for $500 i could have a LSD for my transmission.

GL on the sale anyway.

Alright... thanks for criticizing my personal reasons for keeping a phone.

I really have no need for such a high quality phone, I received it for free from an internet group which took me about 6months to get. If I keep the phone around I'm most likely just going to drop/break it so I'll stick with my other old phone.

Girls and guys alike think the phone is amazing and the phone has probably been handled by others for longer than it has been by myself.

I'm finnacially sound enough right now that the phone is worth more than $150 to me so if thats the selling price, I'll keep it...or just give it to a friend who thinks its awesome and will appreciate it more than me.

I only thought of selling the phone because it will help 'eliminate' (the phone was free so any money the phone makes for me is money that I didn't have to work for - all gravy) the cost of a $500 ticket that I'm going to pay tonight and make it as if the event never happened. I don't need the money but it will help me to feel as if I'm not getting raped blind on my first ticket that I've ever gotten. If you understand what I mean...

Back