oem vavlve cover

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

civic_types

My cf hood does not fit anymore with my new jdm motor............... Is there a company which makes slimer valve covers....... or shall I throw on an oem hood........ maybe a oem cf hood ?

one word...dremel.

seriously.

it's probably hitting on the front-driver's side corner of the valve cover. just dremel that bitch down (but not so much that you cut through the valve cover)

Originally posted by civicious@Mar 11 2004, 04:28 AM
one word...dremel.

seriously.

it's probably hitting on the front-driver's side corner of the valve cover. just dremel that bitch down (but not so much that you cut through the valve cover)

Don't Dremel the valve cover, dremel the skeleton on the hood.

i was sayin dremel the valve cover over the hood cuz its CF, and prolly spensive as hell. it's more than likely hitting on the outer edge of the valve cover, which just covers the cam gears.

Nah, it hits the front of the valve cover between the first and second cylinder..... guess I'm fucked, unless I just drive the thing, and see what happens.

it's up to you, considering how much you paid for the hood, I would dremel the skeelton of the hood, if thta doens't work then sell it.

Originally posted by civicious@Mar 11 2004, 06:08 AM
i was sayin dremel the valve cover over the hood cuz its CF, and prolly spensive as hell. it's more than likely hitting on the outer edge of the valve cover, which just covers the cam gears.

You don't Dremel the hood, you Dremel the skeleton (frame) it shouldn't be touching very much, and shouldn't require much material to be removed.

What hood is it?, I have heard the quite a few don't fit with a b series motor.

Guessing it is a VIS hood? Yea, they dont fit b series swaps unless you cut a little off the skeliton.

If you want, morsomo (sp?) sells a valve cover that claims to sit lower.

Back