Official Fishing thread

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

There is a company that went to the hunting/fishing show a few years ago called bassyaks I believe. The bassyak was a little different but could be added to any kayak. I was looking into it a little but other things got in the way. I will have to look into this system sometime.

My wife out fished me last night...she caught this nice brook and about 10 more a little smaller. If she had hooked every fish that she had a chance on it would have been ugly!

20130614_184448.jpg

I caught a few small ones and a nice cut throat a little bigger than the fish she has there

2013-06-14_20_43_30.jpg

No fish pics for me just trying to run the boat and cast and reel lol

Last edited:
Coors light is my best fishing buddy. Nice scenery there man! I have only fished for trout a few times in north GA and North carolina, but it was cool. They have some fight for their size.

I went offshore again last week on my day off. Got absolutely whipped fighting 9 bonita (not good to eat but in the tuna family and fight like a mofo), and finally managed to get one gaffer dolphin to bring home for dinner. Nothing too picture worthy and i was by myself so i didnt bother. Might do a little bass fishing in a local lake in the morning...

Coors light is my best fishing buddy. Nice scenery there man! I have only fished for trout a few times in north GA and North carolina, but it was cool. They have some fight for their size..
yes! the scenery is top notch up there. when fishing gets slow coors light makes it all better lol i like trout fishing now and then because i can regularly go to a local lake and catch 10 or 12 fish

I went offshore again last week on my day off. Got absolutely whipped fighting 9 bonita (not good to eat but in the tuna family and fight like a mofo), and finally managed to get one gaffer dolphin to bring home for dinner. Nothing too picture worthy and i was by myself so i didnt bother. Might do a little bass fishing in a local lake in the morning...

i would love to try off shore fishing down there some day. it looks like a blast

Last edited:
Had to work all through the fourth of july week, but it was worth it to get away and camp/bass fish for 3 days. Met up with my buddy at a little fish camp on lake Panasoffkee, up in central FL. Hadnt been there in about 8 years, but its always been a great place to get away and fish since I was a kid. Weather was pretty good (would say real good, but camping in july in Fl is HOT), we had a sweet new boat to use, and we managed to land some nice bass :D

Those are some beautes! I gotta get out there soon. Stupid wedding season is killing my fishing on the weekends.

The wife hooked a nice fat cut throat tonight! First trip with her new rod to

20130713_201220.jpg

Went bottom fishing today...this ling won the lingcod derby, $500! Weighed in at 22lbs. We put 170 sea bass and 32 lings in the boat. It was a killer day. I wore my go pro on a chest mount all day so video will fallow

20130720_133425.jpg

Sheesh. His fish looks tiny compared to yours. Congrats man. Fish of a lifetime right there!

What are you going to do with all the meat?

Sheesh. His fish looks tiny compared to yours. Congrats man. Fish of a lifetime right there!

What are you going to do with all the meat?
about 3 years ago i caught a fish about 5 pound lighter in the snoqualmie...you should see the fillets i got off this thing! its insane! i gave half the fish to my dad and the guy whos boat i was on and kept the rest for myself. Im uploading the video right now so it will be up in a bit.

So we've been doing some pink salmon fishing(humpies) lately. I need to take a class on getting the fish to shore because I seriously am struggling. Didn't land one yesterday while I watched Chad shore his 4 easily.

Hopefully next week I can turn this around and provide some meat for the smoker.

Sept 7th.. free fishing day(no lic. needed)..here in CA at lease

So we've been doing some pink salmon fishing(humpies) lately. I need to take a class on getting the fish to shore because I seriously am struggling. Didn't land one yesterday while I watched Chad shore his 4 easily.

Hopefully next week I can turn this around and provide some meat for the smoker.

Sunday my friend, I'll be on the river Sunday

I'm doing the bluefish tourney this weekend...been prepping for weeks to get some big bluefish.

Back