** Official Photographers picture thread ** 56k?? hahaha.. goodluck

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I still don't understand this whole HDR craze.

Attachments

• 20090501-DSC_0003-Edit.jpg
    20090501-DSC_0003-Edit.jpg
    147.2 KB · Views: 136
I still don't understand this whole HDR craze.

I have seen some pretty cool RAW shots. The more shots and higher range on the photos the better in my opinion. Plus if you know how to work some magic with PhotoShop you can make it even cooler.

But it is a fad to some extent. There is a lot to be said about balance, composition. Digital cameras have effectively turned everyone into a "pro". Now I dont claim to be great but I do try to get the basics down.

i use HDRs to make up for my suckiness in regular shots.. hahha

My HDRs are purposefully overblown (for the most part, the other part is that I'm a noob), especially the rock formations at Arches National Park, because thats how bright and saturated they looked in the sunset and I wanted to capture that. A good HDR is practically unnoticeable though, it'll just look like a wonderfully exposed picture. An evenly balanced shot with visibility in both the shadows and highlights is the goal.

Last edited:
Manual, the last shot of the water pump is out of focus. I noticed it after I got it uploaded :(

The D60 does not have a motor driver in the body.

Yeah, the d40 is the same way. It makes lenses more expensive, and means that you can't use the über pro lenses.

Nice shots. It's been shitty all weekend here. :(

Manual, the last shot of the water pump is out of focus. I noticed it after I got it uploaded :(

The D60 does not have a motor driver in the body.

Yeah, the d40 is the same way. It makes lenses more expensive, and means that you can't use the über pro lenses.

I have a cool 50mm 1.8 prime lens I had been using on the D40... Had to manually focus it because of the D40's lack of a drive motor. Attached it to the D90 and started manually focusing and half depressed the shutter without thinking... It yanked the focus ring out of my hand and startled me... I almost dropped the brand new camera. :D

Nice shots. It's been shitty all weekend here. :(

thats exactly what pushed me away from the nikons.
couldnt afford the higher end models.
so i got a xti, happy with it, but would love a 50d.

The only reason I would even consider buying a pro grade lense is if I actually had a camera that could utilize it. Like a D3 or D3x. There is no way I would consider hanging a 1k+ dollar lense off of a 400 dollar camera haha.

:worthyp:

Owning a D3x would be like dating a supermodel... I wouldn't know what to do with it. :D

No doubt about it, I think a supermodel would cost a little more than 8 grand though :D

Back