oh noes!!! windows worm infecting millions !!1&#33

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Penguins stomp virus dead.

More than 90 percent of the world's PCs run on the Windows operating system and Microsoft has been working to improve the security and reliability of its software.

Yea, right. Someone needs to fire their facts checker.

Originally posted by 92b16vx@Aug 16 2005, 07:59 PM
Penguins stomp virus dead.
[post=540875]Quoted post[/post]​

:)

Originally posted by adnoh@Aug 17 2005, 03:56 AM
so do apples.
[post=540947]Quoted post[/post]​

An apple a day keeps the doctor away y0.

On that note, has anyone here seen SkyOS? Written from scratch, and a weird hybrid looking thing of Mac and Linux. Looks interesting.

Originally posted by CRX-YEM@Aug 17 2005, 02:29 PM
yeah I ued one of there live-cd's pretty cool.
[post=541145]Quoted post[/post]​

I was thinking about dropping the $30 for a beta tester liscense. I don' think you have to be a developer, and you get all the betas, and then a final release version when it comes out. Looks solid as far as packaging a out of the box features, hell Fedora doesn't even ship with MP3/WMV support due to liscensing, though it takes about five minutes to add :)

Originally posted by 92b16vx+Aug 17 2005, 09:23 AM-->
@Aug 17 2005, 02:29 PM
yeah I ued one of there live-cd's pretty cool.
[post=541145]Quoted post[/post]​

I was thinking about dropping the $30 for a beta tester liscense. I don' think you have to be a developer, and you get all the betas, and then a final release version when it comes out. Looks solid as far as packaging a out of the box features, hell Fedora doesn't even ship with MP3/WMV support due to liscensing, though it takes about five minutes to add :)
[post=541173]Quoted post[/post]​

What platforms is it available for?

I'm stuck on OS 10.3.9 right now, because some of my audio programs don't have support for tiger yet. I wonder what sort of cross platform compatibility osSky has?

Problem is...wtf are you going to do with an OS not based on Unix/Windows? There won't be any programs for it.

If you want to run ANYTHING you'll have to compile the source code yourself...sounds like a pain the the ass to me. I'll stick to Linux.

Originally posted by Citizen_Insane@Aug 17 2005, 07:17 PM
Problem is...wtf are you going to do with an OS not based on Unix/Windows? There won't be any programs for it.

If you want to run ANYTHING you'll have to compile the source code yourself...sounds like a pain the the ass to me. I'll stick to Linux.
[post=541304]Quoted post[/post]​

Their software system is a lot like CNR for Linspire, with programs also availible on disc. They are working out ports of GNU programs, and a program or framewrk that would allow installation of some Windows apps. Right now it has all the basics, using mostly Linux based programs, like GIMP, Openoffice, GAIM, Firefox/Mozilla etc...

Back