oil breather pipe

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

my question is simple,

how important is the oil breather pipe that goes from the cam cover into the throttle body intake pipe , what is its function ??,mine is unplugged at the moment because i recently installed an induction kit that has no provision for it (i opted to plug the I.A.T Sensor into the single hole provided),although i am planning on drilling a hole in steel pipe of the induction kit,to put it back

Part of the PCV system, extracts air out of the crankcase via engine vacuum. If you have it off for now, it's okay. You can also disconnect the whole PCV system, and use a catch-can instead of your intake tract.

run a catch can. there are a few theories on the correct way to run it.

Quoted post[/post]]
Part of the PCV system, extracts air out of the crankcase via engine vacuum. If you have it off for now, it's okay. You can also disconnect the whole PCV system, and use a catch-can instead of your intake tract.

you can disconnect it, but over time you'll have some carbon build up in your head. plus, you kill the "circuit" of the vacuum system.

Quoted post[/post]]
run a catch can. there are a few theories on the correct way to run it.

theroies, yes... but what really works is the way endyn set up their can. if it doesn't have 3 ports + a drain, its a waste of money.

Back