oil indicator lights up

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

'89civicSI

Got a new engine and it ran fine but a week later is tryed it agian. The head had a little more noize than usual. and a few minutes later also my check oil indicator lights up. This engine has an new oil filter and new oil. I suspect that the head isnt getting enough oil or something. What to do or check next.

did you put enough oil? did you let it warm a bit to see if it would go away? I always run a good engine cleaner through my engine about 3 days before i do an oil change just to make sure theres nothing clogged up in the passageways, try cleaning it out and changing the oil again, its probably your cheapest bet.

week later is tryed it agian

wtf does that mean? or say???

and check oil = low oil pressure
could be a few things

one, make sure oil didn't leak out from lets say a bad seal between block and filter
2, not likely, but sometimes the valves inside the filter can be bad and not allow proper oil flow

your oil pump could be bad, or the pickup tube could be clogged...

or your presser sending unit isn;t working right

but if you heard a lot of valve noiZe(wtf mate?) then i would say its probably starving for oil and NOT the sending unit..

easiest thing to check is check the oil, and if its still full then change the filter, if that doesn't fix it then most likely you need to drop the oil pan and see what you can see....

oh, and DO NOT RUN THE CAR WITHOUT PROPER OIL PRESSURE...

yes there is enough oil in it and i did first heat up the engine. i shall renew the oil.

FWIW, that oil light comes in with like ~4 PSI of pressure....not nearly enough to keep metal to metal contact from happening in the bottom end...DON't drive it or run it until you figure out the problem like everyone else has said!!

Back