oil pan

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

turbo sol

I need some ligaments!!!
ok, so i bought a morroso deep pan for my sol and the bastard didn't mate up to my block... so i did what any hick would do, i ground the shit out of it trying to make it work. that didn't help, it just made it worse...
so i got an obx pan for it and had the same problems...
so my question is, does anyone know of a place on the net where i can pick up a deeper oil pan for my sol? it's a d16z6 and has a zc bottom end.

lol yeah, i should have called. but it is for the D16z6... i thought it was the pick up tube too, but it's not. what it is is the oil girdle, i'm no more than a half inch off. the bolt holes are lining up wrong (but not off by much. maybe 1/10th of an inch or so) and that damn girdle is in my way. it's sticking out and causing the pan to not fit flush. i can't seem to find a ZC deep sump pan. this is really pissing me off too... why the HELL is there a ZC bottom end on a D16Z6?
and the really sad thing is that i just am noticing it after 10 months of the engine sitting out of the car, i even cleaned the bast and didn't notice it till this damn pan situation...
does your z6 have a zc bottom end Blanco?

Last edited:
i need a deeper pan... i can get an extended pickup tube, but i need more oil. the turbo is oil cooled and my car has had some oil cooking problems. i just put in an oil cooler but that only increased the capacity to a little over 4.5 qts. i'm looking for 7 qts overall...

Back