Oil

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

slate55

I have a b20b with a b16a3 head and a t3/t4 turbo my question i have oil lines going everwhere.like for the block to the head and t to a oil gaugeand a t to the turbo. Can the stoke oil pump handle all that . Can i put a oil cooler after the turbo return line befor the oil pan ? will there be enough oil pressure

thx all

I will try to apply my DSM knowledge of turbo :D

I know the B20 block with a vtec head has some special oil line mod that needs done, like you need to plug one and run another or something, assuming that you have the oil lines run correct for that you should be okay, the stock oil pump should be fine, lines to a turbo and an oil pressure gauge sending unit won't require much additional flow, an oil cooler might be a thought, I think it would need to go on an oil feed line though, the drain or return line back to the pan from the turbo will not have enough pressure in it and will screw things up big time, when oil comes out of a turbo it is super heated, really frothy, and whipped up into a mess, that is why the oil return line should always be mounted as high as possible on an oil pan, Prepare for the wondeful world of high underhood temps, we had my hybrid Garrett turbine housing a bright orange one night last summer after a couple 19lb boost runs on the Spyder, they don't stay that color for long though, so get out and open the hood quick :lol:

hope this helps....

-Matt

Back