Okay I'm Now A Little Pissed I Need Some Info!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Okay here on this site there was an aritcle about a HF head swap to a 16v head swap. Okay while the site was down I ventured over to honda-tech.com and they said that the head swap wouldn't work! That the HF piston's don't have the valve recesses for 16 valves. That if I did swap heads that I would crush valves before I could get out of the driveway! Okay someone is mis-informed because one of you say this and the other says that! What WILL work and what WON"T because I almost started to do this the other day and if I had that shit happen I would have been really angry! Now I need some clarification on this before it's done. Because this just isn't a thread it was an article on this site. So some stupid ricer couldn't have posted the article it had to have been a moderator or a site coordinator! I need someone to either correct the error or explain to me how it WILL work. I thought that the bottom end of all D15's were basically the same. My car is a 90' HF. If that can help.

I haven't read up on the head swap, but with any hybrid head conversion you should clay it and find out valve clearance....do not rely on hear-say. Always go the extra distance and then you are the authority not the product of bad information if in fact it is.

yeah i agree with him..not tryin to be a dick but you cant jus go by everybodys word..specially if you cant afford a lose if someone is wrong..dont do anything unless you have postive feedback..sorrry i cant help you but i dont know much about 16 valve heads or HF models..i left that a long time ago with my old rex..DOHC VTEC brother..its all happening NOW..good luck

I brought up that exact same point on honda tech and had a couple people tell me that the pistons all have four reliefs whether they were from a 12 valve,8 valve or 16 valve.They aren't going to post a article here without someone having done it.

Originally posted by 92b16vx@Feb 4 2003, 01:28 AM
I brought up that exact same point on honda tech and had a couple people tell me that the pistons all have four reliefs whether they were from a 12 valve,8 valve or 16 valve.They aren't going to post a article here without someone having done it.

chet got that info from cory thompson who has built it before.

Back