old American car lovers, heres your chance!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I'm drooling over a few of them. The challengers (restore... what are we talkin.. $60k current value ?) Corvettes, low mileage Chevys, Hot rod gear.

dude, I would have my own show on TLC "Make my money back" where I start off the season with a shop and a 1.5 million credit card bill. The mission is to make that money back.

Last edited:
I went to look at the NJ parts yard with the Cooper because the Jeep died in Danbury, and the Pathfinder died in NY. I showed up and there were dogs there jumping on it. (Cooper color: Black Eye)

It was funny though. Those hayseeds never SAW the like of the cooper. "What in the heeell is that?!"

That's funny. New Cooper or old Cooper?

I'm drooling over a few of them. The challengers (restore... what are we talkin.. $60k current value ?) Corvettes, low mileage Chevys, Hot rod gear.

dude, I would have my own show on TLC "Make my money back" where I start off the season with a shop and a 1.5 million credit card bill. The mission is to make that money back.

With that junkyard, you could do it in just a few months.

Thats not a bad pitch idea for a show. You should think about it. I would watch it if you showcased a few types of businesses that were trying to start up.

That's funny. New Cooper or old Cooper?
New cooper. no one in my family can afford an old one, ironically.

Thats not a bad pitch idea for a show. You should think about it. I would watch it if you showcased a few types of businesses that were trying to start up.
Come on man, If any of you started a TV show for any reason, I would watch it.

I'm itching to have a television show. My one inspiration : The amount of COOL ASS FUN the guys from Mythbusters have. that looks like the most fun job on the planet.

I'd love to have a new Cooper. How's the maintenance and reliability? I've heard of a lot of nightmares.

Watch Studio 60. One of my friends is on that show.

/ot

She's got a cooper with fuel efficiency and support being the major deal makers. So it's stripped (Well, as stripped as a Cooper gets. But it was so stripped that it was special order).

Without the S the Cooper routinely gets walked all over by my Civic D16/DPFI. Like, it's embarassing. But the car handles really well, is always a load of fun to drive, and the interior is very easy to get used to - in fact, I would say it's one of the best in the world. But the cupholder doesn't come out, which is kind of annoying. Also, the new trend of long roof lines means that sitting under traffic lights is a pain in the arse too.

my ED Civ is 8 inches wider, 2 inches longer and sits 4 inches stouter. So the Mini is actually larger.

She's got a cooper with fuel efficiency and support being the major deal makers. So it's stripped (Well, as stripped as a Cooper gets. But it was so stripped that it was special order).

Without the S the Cooper routinely gets walked all over by my Civic D16/DPFI. Like, it's embarassing. But the car handles really well, is always a load of fun to drive, and the interior is very easy to get used to - in fact, I would say it's one of the best in the world. But the cupholder doesn't come out, which is kind of annoying. Also, the new trend of long roof lines means that sitting under traffic lights is a pain in the arse too.

my ED Civ is 8 inches wider, 2 inches longer and sits 4 inches stouter. So the Mini is actually larger.

Stripped how? No options? Or you ordered it with no door panels? :)

I actually like how the non S Cooper handles. I took a crew of people down to a comparison track day, and even though we had Saabarus, an RSX, S40 turbos and a few other fun cars, everyone kept coming back to the base Cooper.

Your measurements say that the Civic is larger- is it that or is the Mini bigger?

What about reliability and maintenance?

It maintains like a BMW. So yeah, it's constantly got some sort of crybaby warning light about something, but BMW takes care of their own, at no charge.

The mini is DEFINATELY fun.

It's taller and skinnier than the Civic. The Civic hatch is actually smaller on the outside, larger on the inside and of course full of cheaper plastics, boring details and flat scratchy surfaces.

My Step mother is the owner of the Cooper. And I'll tell you a little something about my step mother.

She drives 60,000+ miles a year. Yeah, no shit. She drives like a trucker. Always manual transmission, and always something small and flickable. She bought a 1991 Eclipse in 2002 with 20k miles on it, and automatic. We were shocked to see that 14 months later she busted a timing belt. We were even more shocked when we realised that during her busiest work year she brought the car beyond 100,000 miles. That's approximately 80k miles in that 14 months. The car is a total loss (Turbomirage saw it.. mint passenger seat, beat body)

So after really taking a step back she decided to work out a smart business purchase and tax write off. The car is equipped, maintained, and driven with the idea that at the end of the year, it's so documented and reasonable that it's completely free to own after the tax breaks. It was a smart decision.

My Civic totally pissed on that thing though, in every aspect of performance.

It maintains like a BMW. So yeah, it's constantly got some sort of crybaby warning light about something, but BMW takes care of their own, at no charge.

The mini is DEFINATELY fun.

Ok, I just wanted to verify with someone who owned/directly experienced one for a long period of time. I'll get Katie a Fit.

Oh god, Fits are worse. The fit is loaded with a bunch of shit that you'll never use. My friend uses his Fit for what the seats are configured for... getting high and getting BJs at concerts.

The car is useless otherwise. It's got an engine from the future though.

Oh god, Fits are worse. The fit is loaded with a bunch of shit that you'll never use. My friend uses his Fit for what the seats are configured for... getting high and getting BJs at concerts.

The car is useless otherwise. It's got an engine from the future though.

No way- we didn't think it was loaded up with useless crap. It's pretty spartan as is.

the Yaris is actually what grew on me, surprisingly. The GF went to look at it (2 door hatch, 5speed model) and she saw the XB. she hasn't been the same since.

I've said it before, I'll say it again. The flat out most intelligent car purchase is the Civic hatchback. Any year.

Any Civic seems to be an intelligent purchase - at least, my best purchases have all been Civics.

Fuck that. That car was a beaten down whore. Complete monstrosity.

That said, my uncle has had absolutely no problems with it whatsoever.

I think that car hated me. We had too different of personalities.

the Yaris is actually what grew on me, surprisingly. The GF went to look at it (2 door hatch, 5speed model) and she saw the XB. she hasn't been the same since.

I've said it before, I'll say it again. The flat out most intelligent car purchase is the Civic hatchback. Any year.

I like the look of the Yaris hatch too- and I would probably get one for a bottom dollar runabout if I had to, but I still like the Fit much better as an overall use car. It has a much nicer engine and way better handling, plus you can stuff a lot more crap into it.

Back