Old, but still worth mentioning.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

do you still need to push the cluth? I'm sure...

Price...figure about $1260 before 3% import tax & $195 s&h

Total to your door...$1500.00

Now THAT'S some expensive rice!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

what is the little lever on the right ?
shifterimage.jpg

they look like two diffrent shifters?
but that would suck trying to back outa a stall

i dont understand how that can even work on a honda. since the linkage bar has to move forward and backwards. can anyone elaborate on exactly how it works?

i dont understand how that can even work

me either...

buy one and post some better pix with a techicnal breakdown of how it works. Might tackle as my next DIY project. :p :p :p

it would work the same way, put the clutch in and pull the lever back, that'll engage the synchros whilest you pull it into the next gear.

IT works good, ever seen the Focus or WRX rally cars?

Originally posted by sleepergtx@Oct 1 2003, 04:22 PM
it would work the same way, put the clutch in and pull the lever back, that'll engage the synchros whilest you pull it into the next gear.

those are a little different dude, they actually use the paddles on the steering wheel, the sequential stick is for backup, but those trannies have 10's of thousands of dollars invested in them.

a true sequential shifter does not use the clutch.. I think this does though... i think with this you push the clutch and tap it... but you never know... I know a few people that can shift smoothly without the clutch at WOT... ;)

Originally posted by B16+Oct 2 2003, 07:10 AM-->
sleepergtx
@Oct 1 2003, 04:22 PM

those are a little different dude, they actually use the paddles on the steering wheel, the sequential stick is for backup, but those trannies have 10's of thousands of dollars invested in them.

Right. they use the paddles, but for backup they use the floor mounted sequential ones, ever see em use the sequential ones? it works awesome.

Does that kit come with the gear readout? (The big LED number pad that shows what gear you're in)

-> Steve

Because I'm liking that.

Found it does, sorry.

Google is a wonderful thing.

Rally cars use compressed air to shift gears. The paddles tell it which way to shift & it does. There is an electronic signal sent to the throttle to stop the flow of gas w/out the driver lifting. Same thing as IRL, Indy, & F1 cars. You can get the same effect w/ a Hondata.

When the air shift breaks they have to use the stick. When the margin of 1st-5th is only a couple of seconds over several miles of twisties, loosing the paddle shifter can make a big diff in a podium finish or not.

Does that kit come with the gear readout? (The big LED number pad that shows what gear you're in)

for $1500 for a bolt on it should come with a mechanic to install it.

Back