On step closer to the GSR sol!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

asmallsol

Super Moderator
Well I got my "swap" today. My freind was getting ready to buy a new and he needed to get rid of his integra GSR. It is a 95 with semi high miles but the about a year ago, he hit some black ice on the highway, spun, ended up doing 4k in body damage. However, there was no acutall "frame" damage, so all he did was replace the front bumper and left the rest how it was and keeped driving it for another year. So because of the body damage, the car wouldn't get much. So he posted a thread about it on a local forum and I decided to buy it for the engine, and the peice the rest out. As soon as I suggested that, there were about 6 (out of like 20 active users on the MI section) that were interested in parts. Right now, I pretty much already have buyers for the bumper, rebar, lights, hood, Wheels, brake booster, and Master Cylinder. Plus with every thing else (seats, gauge cluster, tails, spoiler ect) I figured that I would pay next to nothing to get this swap done.

So today It finally came. The engine is still extremly strong, interior is in great shape. I love it.

So now, I am just looking at what clutch and flywheel to go with, looking for sol linkages, and then I am ready to do the swap! I will keep everyone up dated as things move along.

:cliffs:
Bought a GSR with bad exterior, good engine, good interior, going to pull the engine, then part the rest.

semi high, 125k, however, the millage does not bother me too much. I have known this guy for about 6 months now and he drives like a grandma, and maintains the hell out of it. Hell it has 125k and he still has the orginal clutch.

does the GSRs have disc brakes? if so...swap those onto the Sol if it doesnthave those already :)

Originally posted by TrailorParkPimp@Nov 16 2003, 12:01 AM
does the GSRs have disc brakes? if so...swap those onto the Sol if it doesnthave those already :)

Sol SI and GSR both have discs, however, the GSR's are a tad bigger so I am thinking of swaping the fronts.

The major thing that I am wondering is how the hell I am going to move it once I get done stripping it since it might not even have suspension.

Originally posted by asmallsol@Nov 15 2003, 10:59 PM
semi high, 125k...

That's nothing. I would call that mileage rather average. That's less than 14K miles a year. I might be buying a 94 gs-r on Monday with 195K on it.

Originally posted by 94RedSiGal+Nov 16 2003, 12:45 AM-->
asmallsol
@Nov 15 2003, 10:59 PM
semi high, 125k...

That's nothing. I would call that mileage rather average. That's less than 14K miles a year. I might be buying a 94 gs-r on Monday with 195K on it.

just make sure that It has had it's maintance. It should be on it's third timingbelt/water pump by now.

Originally posted by asmallsol+Nov 15 2003, 11:47 PM-->
Originally posted by 94RedSiGal@Nov 16 2003, 12:45 AM
asmallsol
@Nov 15 2003, 10:59 PM
semi high, 125k...

just make sure that It has had it's maintance. It should be on it's third timingbelt/water pump by now.

Nope. His sister bought the car new. She apparently had the first timing belt done at 120k miles. If I buy it, I will be doing the timing belt within the next two weeks. The car drives amazingly well. It's so smooth and quiet. I will need a radar detector for this car.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Nov 16 2003, 01:24 AM
take the brakes- all of them, the master and the booster too.

:withstupid:

and as for the clutch / flywheel... im running an ACT SS clutch w/XT pressure plate on a toda flywheel and i love it (can be a little tricky starting out on hills or when in traffic though)

sweeet, all these b18c sol's :ph34r:

How much did you end up paying for the GSR? Jut out of curiousity. Well Good luck and post pictures of your sol, as B did/does. Later, Good Luck

Originally posted by pissedoffsol+Nov 16 2003, 03:30 AM-->
Originally posted by 98integrals@Nov 16 2003, 01:57 AM
congrats colon.

dude, he's not an asshole. :lol:

Inside joke in the Team-integra.net Michigan forum

How much did you end up paying for the GSR? Jut out of curiousity. Well Good luck and post pictures of your sol, as B did/does. Later, Good Luck

Oh I will. I will try to do a decent right up. I ended up paying 3k which is not that bad. The engine is worth 2500ish, then it is easy to find 500 more in parts.

Originally posted by E_SolSi@Nov 16 2003, 01:41 AM
pissedoffsol
@Nov 16 2003, 01:24 AM
take the brakes- all of them, the master and the booster too.

:withstupid:

actually I am probally going to upgrade to fastbrakes or willwood brakes in the future so...

and as for the clutch / flywheel... im running an ACT SS clutch w/XT pressure plate on a toda flywheel and i love it (can be a little tricky starting out on hills or when in traffic though)

I hate that clutch. Yea it's good for extreme use but for a daily driver, I hate how stiff that thing is. Also the toda flywheel is so fucking expensive.

I am probally going to use an OEM ITR flywheel or Fidanza fw with a exedy organic clutch kit.

I dont want to run chromoly due to the teeth getting chewed up by the starter, and I dont want to really run aluminum because of durability issues. Also I dont want to break the bank. So what else does that leave me?

Originally posted by 98integrals@Nov 16 2003, 01:42 PM
oh!!

i want the rear LCAs and brakes

ill even help you take them off if i get over that way soon :)

I could probally do that.

If possible, how much for the seats if you're selling them? I will be looking to buy around th 5th of december(pay day).

Back