one very odd question

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

gsrchad

ok. please bear with me...

last year when i had some of my suspension regreased. after putting everything back together. i got in the car, and started it up and took off. the squeeking stopped but for some reason it would shake. its not the steering wheel or tires from what i could find out. it was more the tranny shaking.... well. we brought it back, took the tire off, check the suspension and everything was fine. put the tire back on and it went away. only to come back a few days later...

so i thought it was a funky axle. got it changed and i guess that was the issue.
but now today, i was turning onto a ramp for a freeway, and i was in the middle of the turn to the left, when all of a sudden it starts again. outof noplace, no warnning nothing. and it will only shake under acceleration. the more you accelerat the more it does it. and again its not the steering wheel. and it gets worse when you turn. im clueless. you can hear something rubbing or sopmethign along that nature when your turning and no radio on...

anyhelp or if someone had this problem before, i would lvoe you forever. I have to race in 3 days so i need this to be gone by then... PLEASE!!!

even call if you know whats up....

330 502 3241...ask for chad!!

Hey buddy. Yeah, I have experienced that.

Could be one of a few things you should check.

#1, your axle may have "slightly" popped out of the tranny an inch or so, which will do that. It's not all the way in. This is caused be a bad "clip". This also wears your axle out really fast.
#2 Your tranny mount/rear may be worn out, and causing your motor to move excessively when you turn, or gravity causes your motor to lean 1 way during a turn. This could cause the motor to move, and pop the axle out.

To diagnose the problem, I want you to pop your hood, then go get a guy that weighs like 175+ lbs, have him grab your valve cover with his weight and try to push and pull the motor back and forth, see how much play it has. It should be fairly firm, with less than like 1/2 inch of play.

Good luck!

Jeff

Originally posted by Import Builders@Mar 31 2004, 09:01 PM
get a guy that weighs like 175+ lbs, have him grab your valve cover with his weight and try to push and pull the motor back and forth, see how much play it has.

or if its an automatic, power brake it from reverse to drive back and forth and have a 175lb guy watch the motor :lol:

i was thinking it was the axles.... but i will check it out!!!! thankyou very much

Back