Opinion on Honda Civic Si

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Originally posted by Celerity@Jul 13 2005, 01:05 PM
I am alone in this opinion:

I love new Civic Si hatches.

That is all.

-> Steve
[post=525471]Quoted post[/post]​

i hated them when they came out but i love them now and would def get one in the future. just give it the new head and tranny and you have a beast

a beast with shitty suspension design, where no matter what coil or whatever you upgrade to will fit the inherit problems known as mcphearson.

Suspension problems can be overcome: The VW guys prove that to us. There is no shittier suspension design in the world than the swingarm / unequal-a . Well, Second place is the first gen CRX's Panhard / torsion bar.

But we've made do with all of those, and done well. Macphersons in my Celicas (RWD) have been great for controlling the front end in dives and over bumps.

The Dune Buggy is what's gonna puzzle me. Dropping 4" and maintaining some semblance of geometry... damn. Then, I have to raise my 4runner's IFS (Torsion bar / Leafs) 4" over stock - Which is 7 inches from where it sat the last anyone saw it.

-> Steve

I also think we commonly overlook the most crucial item of a street car: How is it to own? To actually own, I would discount the Civic as a better car to own than the WRX anyday.

I'm thoroughly impressed with the MacPherson's in my WRX. Maybe it's the whole "FWD blows swollen donkey cock" aspect of Hondas, but I've had no complaints yet.

Originally posted by formby@Jul 14 2005, 12:44 PM
i hate to say it but if i were to choose between a 2001+ si or an srt4...i would buy the dodge....but the dodge trucks are sick too....buy a lightning...
[post=526191]Quoted post[/post]​

Mark this day on a calendar I agree with Formby. Lightning :thumbsup:
I can't believe I just said that oh well go with the Lightning Nacho.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Jul 14 2005, 03:35 PM
a beast with shitty suspension design, where no matter what coil or whatever you upgrade to will fit the inherit problems known as mcphearson.
[post=526219]Quoted post[/post]​

ive never had problems with my macpherson strut design on the mirage.

Originally posted by dohcvtec_accord+Jul 14 2005, 05:34 PM-->
I'm thoroughly impressed with the MacPherson's in my WRX. Maybe it's the whole "FWD blows swollen donkey cock" aspect of Hondas, but I've had no complaints yet.
[post=526262]Quoted post[/post]​

rwd and awd cars are not effected by it as much.

TurboMirage
@Jul 14 2005, 10:45 PM
ive never had problems with my macpherson strut design on the mirage.
[post=526402]Quoted post[/post]​

problems? this isn't about problems. its about the limitations of the design in nature.

The camber compensation that double-wishbone suspension designs enjoy result in large differences in available straight line traction with equal cornering capability. None of the other FWD cars come even close to matching it.

but i have adjustable front camber. its a factory feature on all mirages. :)

maybe things would be different if i decided to slam my car to the ground, but that will never happen.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Jul 14 2005, 02:43 PM
srt4 > EP3
[post=526189]Quoted post[/post]​

I've died and gone to hell... WTF are you thinking??

Neons are shit cars, use once and throw away... No quality, no refinement, sucky engineering, shitty ride, NO RESALE... They break all the damned time... I can't believe what I'm reading!! I'm going to go lay in a corner in the fetal position and suck my thumb for a while...

Your Opinion < :poop:

In bone stock form, with no regard to anything aside from out of the box performance, thew SRT4 will get the nod EVERY TIME.

If the Si had the K20 Type-S engine, though...

The SRT-4 held the record for most powerful car under $20k... Shit, I think it still does.

I like SRT-4s, and I also appreciate older Neons. The problem is, just like people hating on 88-91 Civs - When was the last mint one you were in ?

They are all beat to hell.

Originally posted by TurboMirage@Jul 15 2005, 11:31 AM
but i have adjustable front camber. its a factory feature on all mirages. :)

maybe things would be different if i decided to slam my car to the ground, but that will never happen.
[post=526622]Quoted post[/post]​

no... wrong concept. thats BASE camber.

with a mac setup, the wheel travels laterally- there is no gain or retard in camber when the spring is compressed.

the dual wishbone on the other hand compensates.

thus when you are both USING your suspension (compressed) and are ACCELRATING or BRAKING, the dual wishbone set up willl ALWAYS offer more traction. its the anture of the design.

ahhh i get you now. i still havent ever had any problems or found any limits. maybe its better since my car is wicked light?

Originally posted by integraslut78+Jul 14 2005, 05:35 PM-->
@Jul 14 2005, 12:44 PM
i hate to say it but if i were to choose between a 2001+ si or an srt4...i would buy the dodge....but the dodge trucks are sick too....buy a lightning...
[post=526191]Quoted post[/post]​

Mark this day on a calendar I agree with Formby. Lightning :thumbsup:
I can't believe I just said that oh well go with the Lightning Nacho.
[post=526299]Quoted post[/post]​

thanks....i guess :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r:

Originally posted by TurboMirage@Jul 15 2005, 12:53 PM
ahhh i get you now. i still havent ever had any problems or found any limits. maybe its better since my car is wicked light?
[post=526679]Quoted post[/post]​

no, its cuz your car has no power. lol you don't need the full traction offered.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol+Jul 15 2005, 12:24 PM-->
TurboMirage
@Jul 15 2005, 12:53 PM
[post=526679]Quoted post[/post]​

no, its cuz your car has no power. lol you don't need the full traction offered.
[post=526712]Quoted post[/post]​

Reality Bites :)

Wicked light only happens now adays at 1500lbs or less. Your car is no where near that.

-> Steve

Back