Opinion Poll: Mazda

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

EXtremeAccord

Let's get some opinions on the new Mazda3 5-door "Hatchback".
Stats I've got from Mazda so far: Undercarriage based on Volvo S40 ground plan// 2.3L DOHC 16V I-4 engine w/ Variable Valve Timing (160 HP at 6000rpm) // more airbags then a rap video // looks sweet. Have fun!

My buddy just ordered one. He got the Special Edition (or whatever they're calling it), which has the unique color option, leather seats, nav system, etc. Anyway, he said that while it's a little lacking in power (like most Mazdas), that it handles extremely well for what it is (like most Mazdas). Unfortunately, he's gotta wait 4 months to get it, since it's being made specifically for him.

Wow, 4 months.... I do like the power/weight ratio in comparison to the current Civic Si though- it's pretty close to the same, and the 2.3 has more torque down low.

Is there going to be a Mazdaspeed verison? Turbo baby.

But in my opinion, i think i would take a Scion tC instead. Not as nimble and not as light, but i have a hunch its gonna have WAY more aftermarket support.

You're probably right on that- but the 3 is more practical. It's definitely a tossup between the 3 hatch and the tC for my girlfriend if she's able to buy a new car anytime soon.

i like the tc more than the 3.... only with sedans. i hate the sedans, my friend has a red one (i dont think its a good red) and it looks..weird. i love the wagons tho! wagon > sedan

As an answer to the MazdaSpeed question... Don't be surprised if you see a neon-greenish 5-door hatch with a big-ass silver M on it roasting your ass mid-2005, ladies and gentlemen. Those are only rumors, though. But the 3 5-dr is an amazing vehicle for the price. Even the sedan is a hot buy. If you look in the newest Import Tuner magazine, they already have body kits available for the 5-door and the Mazda 6 sedan/5dr. My co-worker has the full shaboozy on his 6... and it's hot. Once they start producing turbos for them bones... I'm sure they're gonna rattle.

MAZDA RULEZ!!1!11!!

Back