Oregon's Medicinal Marijuana Program

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

reckedracing

TTIWWOP
VIP
I heard on the radio this morning that oregon's medicinal marijuana program is running a 1 million dollar surplus...

to which they said, "it took them this long to figure out it would make money?"

http://www.mpp.org/OR/news_8244.html

Statesman Journal; August 20, 2004
by Crystal Luong

Advocates want more of the funds to go toward patients As the number of medical-marijuana patients continues to rise in Oregon, the accompanying licensing fees have generated a substantial budget surplus.

The Oregon Medical Marijuana Program reported a surplus of about $986,000 by the end of March.

http://www.oregon.gov/DHS/ph/ommp/index.shtml

You must be an Oregon resident to be a registered patient in the Oregon Medical Marijuana Program (OMMP).

The OMMP cannot supply you with seeds or starter plants, or give you advice on how to grow medical marijuana.

lol

You must list a grow site address on your application. You, or your designated primary caregiver, may grow your medication. There is no place in the State of Oregon to legally purchase medical marijuana.

so this just allows people to grow their own, or have one person grow for them?

funny, i'm gonna smoke a blunt when i get out of work, i wish i could grow it and not get arrested for it, that would be sweet!

Originally posted by SiLude@Jun 1 2005, 03:53 PM
funny, i'm gonna smoke a blunt when i get out of work, i wish i could grow it and not get arrested for it, that would be sweet!
[post=506287]Quoted post[/post]​

move to oregon, get cancer, and you will be all set.

Originally posted by reckedracing@Jun 1 2005, 01:43 PM
You must list a grow site address on your application. You, or your designated primary caregiver, may grow your medication. There is no place in the State of Oregon to legally purchase medical marijuana.

so this just allows people to grow their own, or have one person grow for them?
[post=506277]Quoted post[/post]​

Yes. You can grow your own, but you can't have more than 2 plants I think. It's monitored very closely. If you aren't able to grow your own, you can specify a grower or the state will assign you one. That's what this guy does. He's a designated grower for 8 or 9 people and the state pays him like 6 or 700 per month per person. He's making out pretty good. Not to mention he gets to keep the surplus.

The OMMP cannot find a designated primary caregiver for you. The OMMP does not keep a referral list of persons who want to be caregivers for patients. (You are not required to list a caregiver unless you are less than 18 years old.) Your caregiver cannot be your physician.

i don't think they assign people, or refer them, he must just know the right people...

and damn, thats a lotta dough...
and thats like 60K plus a year...
wtf...

i;m moving, fuck ny

I don't know all the specifics of the program. I think that a lot of the medical centers have "caregiver" programs which is probably what he's in.

And no, you don't have to have cancer to get a MM card. It's mainly for the disabled and people with chronic pain, but I've heard of people with them that are just good friends with their doctor.

woot! next state is vermont...just you wait people!! that or cali..

Back