P08 Pinout

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

sti470

I'm sure this info is here already but I can't find it. I'm new to these message boards and have been to several and probably read hundreds of posts trying to understand what we got into (we misunderstood the direct replacement thing) The only thing I have left to figure out is where is the O2 pin on the P08? And, any idea where to get an economically priced P08 ecm? It runs with the P07 but won't go anywhere.
Thanks

Thanks, but either I'm calling it the wrong thing or it's not there. I'm looking to find out what wire conector in the p08 ecm is used for the O2 sensor.

i installed an o2 sensor into my del sol, and it was an obd1 p28.. the p08 is also obd1,and all the wiring shares the same location.

if you look under the obd1 section of the link i provided, pin D14 says s02s (second o2 sensor) but i used that line and it worked perfectly...d7 says p02s, but i can't verify personally that that is the proper place. I know d14 gets an o2 signal.

i was talking about that the other day at work. we were writing a proposal and I was researching things, just flying through journals and articles on the internet... and was like "shit.. if this was 20 years ago, we'd be fucked"

which o2 sensor are you using? if you're using the stock o2 out of you're car (i believe you have a vx?), that o2 is not going to work properly with the p08, the jdm p08 is designed for a one wire narrowband o2, and the p07 is designed for a 6 wire wide band. you're best bet would be to either find a one wire o2 sensor and wire it in to the p08 pinout d14, or to get a p28 ecu and wire up the more common 4 wire o2 sensor.

I was planning on using the single wire that came with the replacement engine. I am beginning to wonder if I should use the p28 instead. I was going with the p08 because I can't use my old intake (too restrictive) and the new one has no egr, and doesn't use the purge canister valve. I thought I would just have to wire the single O2 in place and be done. Looks like a P08 isn't going to be cheap to find and since my brother is driving this car, I know he hates to buy premium fuel I'm starting to worry a little about detonation. If I went with a P28 would I just connect the egr to the computer and let it think it's working? Convert my 5 wire harness to a 4 wire O2, any other changes?
Thanks

Back