p28 in a d16y5??

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Google obd2a ecu pinout and obd1 pinout.

obd1 uses only 1 o2 sensor. The jumper will plug and play if you have other than an hx. Because the hx has the 5wire primary, the ecu jumper goes directly to D7 primary o2 sensor. You going to have to put it back to D14 and use the secondary o2, instead of the primary.

So i have 2 questions at this point.
First is i found some z6 injectors from a friend for cheap. But will they work on my obd2a car when there obd1 injectors?
Second is do i have to change the jumper to make it perform properly?

I tuned two hx not including mine and the p28 maps is nasty with the y5. Also if you dont jump it, the last two that I did had a cel for o2 because they didn't use the 4 wire. Go get an hx and put a p28 maps with stock 240cc injectors and see how it idle and run.

then come back and tell me.

I dont mean to be annoying but im still very confused on what modification i have to do to the jumper harness.

OK.
OBD1 PLUG CONFIGURATION

Below is an example that shows the common onboard male connectors for a Honda OBD1 ECU.
Take note of plugs: A, B, and D.

The 4-plug OBD1 connector image below is proof these do exist and are usually found on JDM AUTO 92-95 Civic, Integra, and Preludes.
Sorry - I do not have pin schematics for the JDM 4-plug OBD1 ecu! Although, connectors A B D should technically be the same pin locations as a 5spd 3-plug OBD1 ECU.

plugs2.jpg

obd1.pin.schematics.gif

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION

These pin-out locations were cross-referenced with OBD1 Civic/Integra/Prelude Helm's service manuals.

The information in this article applies to:

• All US & JDM OBD1 (92-95) M/T civic ecu's
  • All US & JDM OBD1 (92-95) M/T integra ecu's
  • All US & JDM OBD1 (92-95) M/T prelude ecu's

OBD2
OBD2A PLUG CONFIGURATION

Below is an example that shows the onboard (female) connector configuration for an OBD2a ECU.
Take note of plugs: A, C, and D.
The blank connector (B) is only used with civic/integra vehicles equipped with A/T.

plugs.jpg

obd2a.pin.schematics.gif

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION

Ok, once you have the ecu jumper look at it.

Obd1 primary o2 is d14
obd2 primary o2 is d7

obd2 cars have two o2 sensors, the hx also has two o2 sensor except the primary o2 sensor for the hx is a 5wire, and the secondary has 4 wires..........keep this thought in your head.

Now, your jumper will plug and play to any obd2 except for the hx because anything other than an hx has 4 wires o2.

Look at your jumper, it goes from obd1 (d14) to obd2 (d7). Now moved it to d14 on the jumper. D14 is a empty slot on the jumper.

To make this easier. Obd1 car has only one o2 sensor connected to d14.

Obd2 cars has two (d14), (d7)

your jumper goes from d7 to d14, theorically it will work but except for the hx because d7 is a 5 wire o2 not a 4 wire.

I hope you got it.

I think i understand now. But i wont fully understand until i get to look at the jumper. Im still waiting for it to deliver.

Heres some even better advice.

DONT DO IT!:wall:

Ok, once you have the ecu jumper look at it.

Obd1 primary o2 is d14
obd2 primary o2 is d7

obd2 cars have two o2 sensors, the hx also has two o2 sensor except the primary o2 sensor for the hx is a 5wire, and the secondary has 4 wires..........keep this thought in your head.

Now, your jumper will plug and play to any obd2 except for the hx because anything other than an hx has 4 wires o2.

Look at your jumper, it goes from obd1 (d14) to obd2 (d7). Now moved it to d14 on the jumper. D14 is a empty slot on the jumper.

To make this easier. Obd1 car has only one o2 sensor connected to d14.

Obd2 cars has two (d14), (d7)

your jumper goes from d7 to d14, theorically it will work but except for the hx because d7 is a 5 wire o2 not a 4 wire.

I hope you got it.

How would i go about moving the wires? Solder them?
And you need to have it d14 to d14 on thge harness, correct???

I got the jumper and i have figured out how to change it. the only problem i have now is how do i take out the d7 obd2a pin and relocate it to the d14 position????

So i have figured out how to switch the pins. But im pretty sure the ecu doesnt have the propper basemap on it. It runs like absolute shit. Doesnt stay idling and spudderes horribly. Oh yeah! and it doesnt rev up like hardly. Im contacting the guy i got it from.

what did I tell you?

It will run like shit........................

If you don't have any codes then you switch it correctly.

Would the injector size cause it to run like shit? Since its tuned for 240's and theres only the 190's?

The guy said he put the y5 basemap and everything was right for my specs.

Back