Painted the ol' hatchy

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

civicious

Buck Futter
VIP
Finished painting the hatch couplea days ago...figured I'd post some pics up. Forgive the crappy quality of the pics.

I painted it myself, with the help of one of my friends. First paintjob ever. It's 93 Mazda RX-7 single-stage silver, with 4 layers of clearcoat. I took the hatch, doors, windows, fenders, trim, moldings, etc. off to paint them. Every inch of the car is silver, like it came that way from the factory.

If only I hadn't bought single-stage paint.

gallery_24518_164_1098829019.jpg

gallery_24518_164_1098828283.jpg

gallery_24518_164_1098828530.jpg

gallery_24518_164_1098828968.jpg

and the pimpest sticker in the world, on my passenger-door window:
gallery_24518_164_1098828872.jpg

I also got another loan. $6k this time. The B20/hatch is gonna run 12's by crimmus :D

Among the crap I've bought in the last 24 hours:

JDM CTR transmission
Hasport hydro-cable conversion
Skunk2 Stage 2 camshafts
Skunk2 cam gears
Portflow valvesprings & retainers
Hondata intake manifold gasket
95 Prelude 310cc injectors
JDM ITR 4-1 header
Mugen thermostat
Endyn Rollerwave 12.6:1 pistons
Eagle rods
ARP rod & head bolts
Golden Eagle B20/VTEC kit
Golden Eagle block guard
RS*R ExMag cat-back exhaust

Wheels/Suspension:
Buddy Club P1 gunmetal 15” wheels
Falken Ziex 205/50/15 tires
Skunk2 extended wheel studs
Skunk2 magnesium lug nuts

Exterior:
VIS carbon fiber hood
Sparco hood pins

:woo:

Yeah it does look hot... In my opinion your hatch was a better investment than the lude hands down. Now that you are serious dont wreck it man(j/k) you got something special there :lolhammer:

I should've taken that goddamn dent out. I take EVERY piece that unbolts/unstaps/whatever off the hatch, but I'm too lazy to pop out a dent.

Oh well. Doesn't look too bad in person.

Originally posted by driverunknown@Oct 26 2004, 05:56 PM
It would have been a complete waste without the hoodpins.
[post=407751]Quoted post[/post]​

The only reason I bought the hood pins, and the hood for that matter, is because I accidentally shut my hood with a bolt sitting in the li'l hole on the radiator support where the hood latches (don't ask why...I don't know why), and the hood latches on both the radiator support and my stock hood are fubar'd.

will when you take out these loans, are you just taking them out as personal loans? j/w because i'm thinking of doing the same

bah.

and yeah, they're personal loans. you jus gotta find the right bank, and the right people to cosign

:D

i mean if you were so careful to take everything apart why didnt you remove things from the enginee bay instead of painting over them? key examples brake booster, fuse box, ac hoses, top hats, vaccuum lines, wire harness etc. some things may not be so easy to remove but you could at least mask them. just looks halfassed to me. but thats the only part i have an issue with, the rest looks great.

I agree it makes for one rushed half assed looking painted engine bay

whos gonna be lookin back there to see if his brake booseter or if some of his vaccum lines are painted?? looks good man.

Back