Papoose

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

heard him a few years ago, when he did that 'Alphabetical Slaughter' thing with KaySlay...dude's got some good rhymes

one of his lines from one of his tracks was 'I'll kill a Christian with a cross on my neck just so God can watch'

yeah hes been around for a minute, just hooked up with flip mode a few months ago if i remember right.

immortal technique > *

Thanks for that man. It was def. better than the one I linked.

That song right there proves that not all rappers are uneducated. I mean how many people can really spit out random words with the same first letter, from A to Z, and make sense of it? Not too damn many that's for sure lol.

for everyone who doesnt know,

Sage Francis > all.

He is Busta's new guy, busta says he could be the next biggest thing.

Quoted post[/post]]
That song right there proves that not all rappers are uneducated. I mean how many people can really spit out random words with the same first letter, from A to Z, and make sense of it? Not too damn many that's for sure lol.
how do you know he didnt just sit down with a dictionary and pick out words before hand? just cause they "say" its on the spot doesnt mean it is.

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]
how do you know he didnt just sit down with a dictionary and pick out words before hand? just cause they "say" its on the spot doesnt mean it is.
You do have a point, but even memorizing the words after you look them up and write them down still takes skill, right?

I mean, how many rappers today really have that kind of dedication?

plus who knows if he didnt write this shit down. But it was badass, even if he did write it down. I mean, half of the great rap songs were written down..

Lateef the Truth Speaker is pretty nice, honestly i havent listened to ANY immortal tech... ill be downloading his shit tonight tho.

If anyone cares, download/look for Sage Francis and the only listing i have for the song is "Freestyle" its with the mario brothers beat (corny i know) but his freestlye in that song is sick, and it really is all freestyle. From talking with his old DJ (dj shalem) a bunch of times thru a mutual friend (shalem is a cool guy, sage can be standoffish) Sage honestly does not write down his freestyles, none of it, and neither do most of the orphanage guys.

i still think papoose is prolly the sickest freestyle rapper out right now....hes crazy and hes not even that big now....i could imagine where he is gunna be in the next year or two.....dude is crazy

Quoted post[/post]]
immortal technique > *
YES!! Finally! You wanna talk about an educated rapper, listen to Immortal Technique! Seriously! He also has the SICKEST metaphors EVER! A lot of them are hard to catch too. Good Shit!

Quoted post[/post]]
sorry,
immortal technique > sage francis

sage is bad though
+1
Immortal Technique KILLS Sage, but Sage is good.

I've been into underground hip-hop a LONG time. I used to be able to recite all of Blackalicious's Alphabet Aerobics by heart, at speed.

And one of my favorites of all time is Lyrics Born. Just fun Hip-Hop to listen to!

I guess im the only one here that just doesnt get into rap....first time yeah, a few songs are good, but the only rap i have on my computer was either put there by a girl or in a file share at a LAN party.......God its been a while since ive had one of those....should probably get one going.

What is a Papoose ?

papoose.jpg

That concludes today's lesson.

Quoted post[/post]]
Thanks for that man. It was def. better than the one I linked.

Its not completely random either, if you listen listen close enough most of it makes sense.

Immortal Tech is absolutely crazy with his lyrics and is some of the tightest stuff I've heard. His only downfall is his flow.

lyrics born is some pretty cool hip hop music.

if you want metaphors, Aesop has some pretty abstract shit.

no doubt that papoose is sick, i really do believe he could be one of the next biggest things in rap. EVEN BUSTA SAID SO!

Back