passenger cv axle will not go into the Hub???

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

well i would have thought the same also but i just done this about a week ago

Maybe you accidentally downgraded? I've done this too and just for kicks I put the old Std axle in one of the DX knuckles I had laying around, wasn't even close to fitting(DX knuckles too large for the Std axle).

Maybe you accidentally downgraded? I've done this too and just for kicks I put the old Std axle in one of the DX knuckles I had laying around, wasn't even close to fitting(DX knuckles too large for the Std axle).

Man, your probbly right, Its at my friends body shop and he has tons of honda parts everywhere. I could have picked up one of his axles.

well see it was on my stock std hatch i took it out and it looked huge to me, so i went to the parts store to get a new one and the only one they had was for a dx and it was smaller.

I wish I still had the axles and knuckles to compare. Sounds very off to me; I've had 2 sets of 88 CRX DX kncukles and a set of 88 Std knuckles laying side by side. I just threw them all away like a month ago though.

Price would depend. You can probably get DX/Si knuckles for like $50 from the junkyard or some third party. Then you'd need axles; which is $20-$130 depending on who you get them from($130 is for pair at Advance or something with a core).

well i remember myself asking myself lol, why would the weaker motor have larger axles.

Well even if he did, then the axles would've fit! lol. Maybe you had upgraded knuckles, and the parts dealer sold you Std axles(which I'm sure is very possible, especially at Advance Auto or Auto Zone)?

yea thats what i mean the kid before me could have got the dx hubs and put them on there i guess.

but wait i remember i went to the next part store and they had std axles and it fit fine so were back where we started std= bigger lol

and everybody says i need a Si intake manifold?? can i just use the one on my 93 civic motor aren't they the same just about?

and a A6 dizzy? is this a si dizzy or what?

The 93 intake is OBDI, your car is OBD0, so to keep things simple youll need the 88-91 Si mani.

Back