Passenger Side Airbag

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

NoJokE

My friend gave me an idea to take it out and put some stuff in there, since its hidden. Like gauges and stuff like that. Just an idea

Also, this mod isn't legal in Cali or other states that are anal about DOT shit. You are tampering with safety equipment. Not a good thing.

Funny thing tho, i crashed like at 70 MPH in a head on collision in this very car and the airbag didnt go off(Not funny but gets ya thinking), so why have an airbag that doesnt work? It was just an idea, i dont know if ill go thru with it.

thats what i would've thought, it wasnt into another car, let me clarify that, it was into a guard rail, my car hit a wet patch and skid, but only the hood, radiator support, bumper and fenders were damaged. I say only cuz it could've been the engine, the radiator support came within inches of the headers, whewwww. Less than $2000 for everything, good mechanic, hooks me up.

Side air bags do not deploy unless you are t-boned. Same reason y airbags dont go off when your rear ended. There are sensors that activate them. It is a dumb idea. Unless you buy a roll bar with side supports and are a true diehard, i would not take them out. Saftey equiptment is there for a reason

Originally posted by asmallsol@Feb 17 2003, 07:09 PM
Side air bags do not deploy unless you are t-boned. Same reason y airbags dont go off when your rear ended. There are sensors that activate them. It is a dumb idea. Unless you buy a roll bar with side supports and are a true diehard, i would not take them out. Saftey equiptment is there for a reason

It wasnt a SIDE airbag, it was the airbag in front on the passenger side, and i hit dead on head first, it SHOULD'VE gone off, unless airbags dont deploy when the sensor is hit at less than 70. Thats why im thinking of taking it off, if it doesnt work then why should it be there? It was just a thought about taking it out

to remove it or deactivate it you need the honda service manual the dealership will deactivate it for you but they will not remove it you need to sign a leagal waiver in order for them to do it i would not fuck with it if it goes of yu be fucked leave it and find anouther spot for you gauges and stuff

Back