peter jennings: dead at 67

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

They didn't say when he first released the news about his cancer at what stage he was at. Obviously it was stage 4 because it was only 4 months ago that he had announced his cancer. Its sad because it was caused from his chain smoking. I remember reading the story in April that he chain smoked for years, then gave it up for 20 years and then started again when 9/11 happened.

Very sad.

i think the chemo took a very bad toll and ultimately killed him...

very sad indeed

ive been watching this guy since i came state side in 1990: i was 8..........RIP....

its funny though... how many non-smokers get lung cancer too....

cell replication is t3h suck.

i think pretty much everything causes cancer...

the food we eat, the fluids we drink, the air we breath, the stuff we smoke, the sun that lights out days...

fuck it, we're all gonna die...

The sun wouldn't case cancer if we hadn't fucked up the atmosphere...

Half the shit that can kill us is our own fault.

Originally posted by reckedracing@Aug 8 2005, 04:28 PM
i think pretty much everything causes cancer...

the food we eat, the fluids we drink, the air we breath, the stuff we smoke, the sun that lights out days...

fuck it, we're all gonna die...
[post=537337]Quoted post[/post]​

Exactly why you should sterilze yourself by consuming large quantities of alchohol :)

Originally posted by Battle Pope@Aug 8 2005, 04:31 PM

[post=537338]Quoted post[/post]​

Well, the sun does cause cancer, along with being able to melt...anything, but harmful rays get to us because we cooked the atmosphere.

Originally posted by 92b16vx+Aug 8 2005, 08:43 AM-->
Battle Pope
@Aug 8 2005, 04:31 PM

Well, the sun does cause cancer, along with being able to melt...anything, but harmful rays get to us because we cooked the atmosphere.
[post=537342]Quoted post[/post]​

Yeah yeah, you know what I meant. :p

Originally posted by Battle Pope@Aug 8 2005, 10:31 AM

:withstupid:

We're a parasitic society that causes much of our fate.

We're scientiffic in nature and yearn to know the "5 W's". There's many unknowns to cancers, what causes it, will there ever be a cure, is there a way to prevent it, and many more. We've started to narrow down the "what causes it" to link directly to things like smoking. Regardless of now being aware that frivalous acts such as smoking cause terrible diseases like cancer, people insist of continuing such a nasty and harmful behavior. It baffles me why people insist on smoking when it can mean a very painful end, yes we all may die but we all don't have to die so soon or in such a terrible manner. It may be good to live a little, sometimes, but when that "living a little" is going to cost you from "living a lot" in the end, its my opinion that such behaviors are idiotic.

Sure, its not only smoking that will lead to an untimely death; its other things like drinking and eating processed food, over endulging in alcohol, smoking pot and a whole host of other things. I just find it to be idiotic. There's other things in life that one could find much more fulfilling and a greater cause of happiness.

///down off of soapbox.

like the saying goes---

eat well, stay fit, and die anyway.

if/when i get lung cancer... i'm just going to O.D on heroin or some shit... trip my balls off, and not even know whats happeneing. done.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Aug 8 2005, 12:23 PM
like the saying goes---

eat well, stay fit, and die anyway.

if/when i get lung cancer... i'm just going to O.D on heroin or some shit... trip my balls off, and not even know whats happeneing. done.
[post=537381]Quoted post[/post]​

Yes, you'll die anyway but it won't neccesarily be an untimely death or a painful death. Smoking will not 100% of the time bring you both these misfortunes but there is a much higher chance of these misfortunes, should you choose to smoke.

Also do you think its really mature and logical for you to think that you're going to actually be able to just O.D. on heroin or do some other idiotic act in your life when you're 40 or 50. Thats the time when most lung cancer kicks in and the highest percentage of victims is claimed. At that stage in your life, goals will be completely different, perhaps you'll have a wife to live for, or kids to live for or maybe even the bond with your family or friends will have changed and be so strong that you can't commit such a heinous and selfish act of suicide because of the profound effect that it will have on your loved ones.

Its easy to rattle off stuff like you just did, but who knows where you'll be 10, 15, 20, 25 years down the road of life. When its "go" time, everything completely changes.

I may not change the world here, like I would love to do, but I'll tell you that one day realization may finally set in, and you'll look back at your life and realize how selfish and idiotic you were to have killed yourself prematurely.

the idea of me getting married is premature and idiotic. lol think about it man... i doubt i'll ever get married. i doubt i'll ever have kids. i doubt i'll live past 55. and you know what, i don't care. i'm going to have a good time while i'm here. i think jim morrison sai the same shit.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Aug 8 2005, 12:49 PM
the idea of me getting married is premature and idiotic. lol think about it man... i doubt i'll ever get married. i doubt i'll ever have kids. i doubt i'll live past 55. and you know what, i don't care. i'm going to have a good time while i'm here. i think jim morrison sai the same shit.
[post=537398]Quoted post[/post]​

Jim Morrison was also all coked out, banging any girl he wanted, making fucktons of money (yes thats a scientiffic term for lots), rocking like no one else, and ruled the world. Some think thats living "the life" which is arguabley so, but by the end he didn't even like his life.

Anyway, does your life fit into any one of those categories described? ...I don't think so. Play on playa. By the time you hit 55 your outlook will have changed.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Aug 8 2005, 06:49 PM
[post=537398]Quoted post[/post]​

Sounds like me from age 16-30 :) (fortunately (or unfortunately, depending on who you ask), I made it thru.

Back