Pic of the day

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Originally posted by Silverchild79+Mar 22 2004, 12:33 PM-->
mattcalica
@Mar 22 2004, 12:45 AM
that guy is a stupid fuck...i dont even find it funny. hopefully one of his higher ups sees this pic on the internet and demotes his stupid ass.

umm yeah, his Sgt was prolly holding the camera while their butterbar was trying to pick himself up off the sand from laughing so hard........ so um, I'm gonna say nothing will prolly happen. And you guys shouldn't say he should get an artile 15, most of you don't even really know what one is.

then i condone these fools as nothing but military pieces of shit.

i KNOW those of us that were in D447 signal division as trainees were held to a higher standard than those asshats, and i KNOW 3rd Mountain wouldnt let any of this shit happen.

btw, i DO know what an article 15 is. ive witnessed a few being handed out.

Originally posted by 94RedSiGal@Mar 23 2004, 02:25 AM

And who are you to judge what is truly wise?????? <_<

:roll:

pot, kettle, black. Thank you....

okay okay fine, here is my gun, I'm going home. U guys watch the country.......

Originally posted by Slammed90Lude+Mar 22 2004, 08:23 PM-->
Originally posted by ahedau @ Mar 22 2004@ 07:18 PM
So what? Stop being a douche bag and find a tree to hug.

ummmm, yeah- i didn't realize that finding a morally degrading photo slightly offensive made me a tree hugging hippy? need proof?

My Newspaper Article

In a time when troop support and patriotism should be at an apex, a disappointing tone of ignorance and overall disregard plagues our country's morale. When citizens such as Savi Clough question the support of our troops and refer to them as "highly conditioned cogs in a military regime that is the opposite of a free and open democracy," it is clear that the message our founders fought to instill has long been forgotten.
  Those same troops, with the same "misguided behaviors," fought to free Europe from the heavy hand of communism during World War II. These same troops risk their lives each day, not only to make the United States a safer place but to promise the rest of the world the same freedoms that we have.
  Anyone with the ignorance to suggest that the United States disarm is blind to both the world around them and to the incredible amount of freedom this country has to offer. And if the "true patriots are the millions of protesters who understand what our founders envisioned," then please tell me what you believe our founders really envisioned.
  Corie Podschelne
  Milford

clearly those are the words of an anti-war, anti-military, tree hugging hippy right? jackass

actually we didnt fight communism in World War II, we fought the dictatorships of Germany, Italy, and Japan.

We actually fought along side of Russia, which was a communist country

After the Iron Curtain fell, Post World War II, thats when we fought communism, cause fucken russia wanted to take a shitload of countries for their own.

Sorry, Im a history major, and i cant stand seeing things wrong.

I enlisted in the Marine Corps when i was 17 in the DEP. Before i left for bootcamp i got ulcertive colitis and was shitting blood for three weeks, that wasnt cool. They told me i had to wait a year untill i could come back, but I started in college, and didnt want to drop out and go back in.

My Uncle just recently re-tired from the Marines, he was a Major (Payne), lol, and i have a cousin who is a Di at the MCRD in san diego

The pic is funny, i dont believe i have any right to judge the man that took it, but in my personal opinion it is kinda fucked up, I mean people have feelings, it doesnt matter what country you are from, put yourself in the kids shoes, what if you found this picture 10 years down the road, after your family was torn apart, then what if the kid, 10 years down the road, figures out were this guy lives, come into the country, Kills the guy, rapes his daughter, and has this guys kid hold up a sign that says the same shit...

thats terrorism.

Originally posted by HondaMoCo@Mar 24 2004, 04:12 PM

The pic is funny, i dont believe i have any right to judge the man that took it, but in my personal opinion it is kinda fucked up, I mean people have feelings, it doesnt matter what country you are from, put yourself in the kids shoes, what if you found this picture 10 years down the road, after your family was torn apart, then what if the kid, 10 years down the road, figures out were this guy lives, come into the country, Kills the guy, rapes his daughter, and has this guys kid hold up a sign that says the same shit...

thats terrorism.

holly run on sentence batman!

But u hit the nail on the head, I'm not saying I agree with the picture, only that I (nor you, and I don't care who you THINK you are) have no right to make a judgement on it. This guy gives 14hrs of his life, 7 days a week, for all of our freedoms. You should be happy he has found some minnute measure of joy, perverted as it may be, from his current task. And lets look, in the true scheme of things, wieghing the good against the bad, what he's done.

He has worked tirelessly to liberate these children from tiranny, oppresion, and terrorism. He has given them real hope for the future, a chance at a real education, freedom, and the ability to define themselves and not live in fear.

And on the other hand he humilited them, taking advantage of there lack of knowledge of his launguage, and he did so publicly. A World Wide Wedgee if you would.

Even after that, can u still say he hasn't done right by them?

Originally posted by HondaMoCo
actually we didnt fight communism in World War II, we fought the dictatorships of Germany, Italy, and Japan.

After the Iron Curtain fell, Post World War II, thats when we fought communism, cause fucken russia wanted to take a shitload of countries for their own.

thank you professor, i didn't realize my i would get a history lesson here as well as learn about hondas- I didn't write that post to demonstrate my supreme knowledge of all things military, i simply posted it to show that i wasn't a tree hugging hippy merely because i didn't approve of that picture- so please, read my posts thoroughly and stop trying to show you're smarter then me? k thx

s406254bfd1f6f.jpg

the difference between an arab soldier doing it to U.S. kids iswhat the sign says would probably be true.

Originally posted by Slammed90Lude+Mar 24 2004, 06:09 PM-->
HondaMoCo

thank you professor, i didn't realize my i would get a history lesson here as well as learn about hondas- I didn't write that post to demonstrate my supreme knowledge of all things military, i simply posted it to show that i wasn't a tree hugging hippy merely because i didn't approve of that picture- so please, read my posts thoroughly and stop trying to show you're smarter then me? k thx

wow kick back bro, i wasnt trying to make you look stupid, i guess i just get caught up in the way my professors stress that we portray history correctly. Im sure there are many things that you know about certain subjects that i dont and vice versa.

fuck history, i deal with that shit all day long, we are here to talk about honda's ;)

STOP Celerity time !

I've seen people in this thread actually behave worse to each other than what the image depicts.

I've also seen the real sides of many of our members, and I'm half impressed, half ashamed. My superhuman ability to step outside of the topic and view what's really goin on has led me to believe that some of you love to argue just to argue, some of you are good listeners, and some are completely insane.

Perhaps it's this particular picture, not in it's actual face value, but in it's sheer quantity that "has broken the camel's back". We've all seen such images from throughout history - And maybe someone out there is sick of it.

If the people were inked into a Bloom County comic strip, the response may have been different. If the picture was in Hebrew, with two Palestinian boys holding it, perhaps different. Even if it was a photo op with Sally Struthers in Africa photo-opping (Photo Opportunity, not *Shop)a sign that said "Send more food" it would take on a different meaning.

You all - No, We all - Need to take a look into what this and all pictures mean to all people. You'll see that perception truly is 90% of reality and that our emotional response to the images that we see are a gauge of our upbringing. No one is wrong for finding this funny, and no one is wrong for finding it offensive.

-> Steve

By The way, nihauma's picture - That dude on the left is more offensive than anything - Velcro vest, those nasty shades and that pathetic haircut! and that dude in th middle - I don't believe he passes USAF height requirements.

Back