picking u pthe new to me bike wednesday!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

n622220790_2903596_1258613.jpg

Inspected, completely street legal, put about $150 more into it. I'm done minus paint and remaining bodywork to make it look pretty.

$732 :ph34r: well call it $800 for any other possible random crap that may come up soon. Timing chains looked good, I haven't checked with dealers to get it yet though.

Last edited:
dont know why it looks like crap.
i painted my first bike with rattle cans, and got a lot of compliments, everybody thought it was pro.
knowing what i know now, it would have looked even better.

yeah.. I didnt do a nice sand job. That too i painted it outside on days it was windy as hell lol.

bad idea :D.

I just wanted to get it one color no matter how it looked. It's just temporary for now.

Bit of an update.

Had it out last night in about 40 degree weather rode well it seems to love the cold. Ride kinda sucks for any long distance, got about 100 miles on it so far. Right now thinking about replacing the seat material and padding.

Tank I think seems to seep a very small amount, but I'm not sure if its fuel, it just smells like magic marker, and its barely enough to wipe off after sitting for a few days. Also the brakes seems to scream a little on the front when I'm not applying the brake at low speed, but the calipers and rotors seem to be fine. May just be the new pads.

It's kinda nice riding something that you can go from 0-illegal in about 3 seconds though.

Next step is to adjust my valves, it gets a bit of noise when it warms up.

took the bike out on its first long trip.
n622220790_3003161_1926124.jpg

got a total of about 350 miles on it since i got it now, a fresh oil change on it.
My speedo is definitely off, i think its doing kilometers.
However it could use an idle adjustment, either that a re jetting.

Along with this nice ride, I also realized the stock fairing on this bike is retarded, painted nicely or not. Aside from repairing the windscreen (it's cracked) or doing anything further, I'm just going to remove the front fairing. It also seems to have this habit of the mirror bumping into the windscreen when I lock the handlebars.

Any suggestions or tips, I potentially may be grabbing the headlight assembly from an 80's CB750. Yes I have googled it, but opinions on the looks. It's also less for me to paint later.

Back