Playstation 3

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

So....uhhh when is the PS3 Coming out...???? :shrug2:

n how much is supposta cost...?

Originally posted by Quiklilefr@May 21 2005, 06:38 PM
So....uhhh when is the PS3 Coming out...???? :shrug2:

n how much is supposta cost...?
[post=502016]Quoted post[/post]​

Later, and a lot.

The Japanese Price is somewhere arround $460USD. So expect about a $400 system. I'm guessing $399.95 as the release price :)

One of the CNN articles said 100 more then the orginal asking price of the old PS2 so yea 399. But really for the price, that is a steal, saying that this new machine will match the specs of super computers of just a few years ago.

As for the dual display hookup, won't you either have to go super high class with dual HDTV's or two old school tv's, no mix of the two?My parents HDTV has a few second delay. When my TV is on the same channel as his, you'll here "NOOOOO" from my room, then a second later, "NOOOOO" from the TV room. It gets annoying if one is a lot louder then the other. Its as if the HD has to process the signal.

Originally posted by asmallsol@May 23 2005, 11:48 PM
One of the CNN articles said 100 more then the orginal asking price of the old PS2 so yea 399. But really for the price, that is a steal, saying that this new machine will match the specs of super computers of just a few years ago.

As for the dual display hookup, won't you either have to go super high class with dual HDTV's or two old school tv's, no mix of the two?My parents HDTV has a few second delay. When my TV is on the same channel as his, you'll here "NOOOOO" from my room, then a second later, "NOOOOO" from the TV room. It gets annoying if one is a lot louder then the other. Its as if the HD has to process the signal.
[post=502813]Quoted post[/post]​

Dual will work on HD only.

consolecompare.jpg

There are three critical performance aspects of a console:

Central Processing Unit (CPU) performance.
- The Xbox 360 CPU architecture has three times the general purpose processing power of the Cell.

Graphics Processing Unit (GPU) performance
- The Xbox 360 GPU design is more flexible and it has more processing power than the PS3 GPU.

Memory System Bandwidth
- The memory system bandwidth in Xbox 360 exceeds the PS3’s by five times.

-Taken from TeamXbox.com

Yeah, those are Microsoft-run tests. I don't think you can count those as accurate.

Cell will DESTROY the X360.

When you think about it, who compares PS2 and XBox now? No one cares much that XBox is so much more powerful. It's mainly game library. And I love XBox game library much more, so that's why I play it more than PS2. It'll be the same for the next gen consoles.
Halo, Forza, KOTOR, Rallisport, MechAssault are what will keep me an Xbox customer. GTA, GT, FF, I hate them all. And that's pretty much was Playstation has to offer than isn't on XBox.

Originally posted by Prowler@Jun 1 2005, 11:43 PM
When you think about it, who compares PS2 and XBox now? No one cares much that XBox is so much more powerful. It's mainly game library. And I love XBox game library much more, so that's why I play it more than PS2. It'll be the same for the next gen consoles.
Halo, Forza, KOTOR, Rallisport, MechAssault are what will keep me an Xbox customer. GTA, GT, FF, I hate them all. And that's pretty much was Playstation has to offer than isn't on XBox.
[post=506512]Quoted post[/post]​

What?!?!

A 700Mhz Intel 32 bit processor will get trounced by a 128 bit RISC processor, even if it is only a paltry 350MHz. There's more room to grow in a RISC environment. Speed and performance of games in a RISC environment is based on how well it is coded and how many cantrips the developers have found. In the CISC environment, SPECIFICALLY the Intel IA32 environment, there's a clear and definitive wall as to the limit which you can push your games. You're stuck within the limitations of your processor's sheer speed.

Wonder why you have to constantly upgrade your processor to play the latest PC games? ;) Hell, I've played Quake 3, full motion video, etc on a 64 bit 180MHz processor and had no problems. That should tell you something.

Intel fucked up the INSTANT they released the PII. They should have stuck with the Pro's architecture.

The only thing that makes the Xbox superior is its video.

Sure, it looks pretty, but so much more can be pulled out of the Emotion Engine.

Now, with the processor and video battle looking to swing heavy towards the Playstation crowd, the Xbox is gonna have to work that much harder to stay alive.

Uh, nice one there. Quoting me had absolutely nothing to do with what you ranted about.

Of course RISC > CISC processors.

Originally posted by Prowler@Jun 2 2005, 06:37 PM
Uh, nice one there. Quoting me had absolutely nothing to do with what you ranted about.

Of course RISC > CISC processors.
[post=506988]Quoted post[/post]​

You said the Xbox was more powerful. Not overall it isn't. It just has superior graphics.

First off, the whole point above was that games always look better on XBox. That and the game library are why I like XBox. I'm not trying to get into a console arguement here, but you wanted it.

Alright, compare side by side XBox and PS2 games available on both systems.

GTA:VC
Driv3r
Mercenaries
Need For Speed Underground 2

That's just what comes to mind at the moment.

Everyone one of those games has better draw distances, better graphics, support more objects on a screen at a time, etc. for the XBox. Show me one game on both consoles where the PS2 looks and performs better. Good luck.

Capabilities of each machine are different, so you have to look at the products of has been produced to best utilize it. XBox wins.

And I'm not an XBox only person. I enjoy games on all systems, but for someone to say the PS2 is more powerful than an XBox is absurd.

You also have to take into account that the PS2 had a few engineering problems. That and releasing close to a year earlier than the xbox kinda puts them at a disadvantage. Plus, I think Sony did a really good job of combining features with power while maintaining a competitive price point.

What kind of console has a 40GB Hard Disk, but still can't play DVDs without a 40 dollar accessory kit? :lol: You'd almost expect the answer to be Nintendo! :lmao:

Originally posted by Battle Pope@Jun 3 2005, 06:32 AM
You also have to take into account that the PS2 had a few engineering problems. That and releasing close to a year earlier than the xbox kinda puts them at a disadvantage. Plus, I think Sony did a really good job of combining features with power while maintaining a competitive price point.

What kind of console has a 40GB Hard Disk, but still can't play DVDs without a 40 dollar accessory kit? :lol: You'd almost expect the answer to be Nintendo! :lmao:
[post=507183]Quoted post[/post]​

Yea, but how many people bought an Xbox, or even a PS2 so they could watch DVDs? A better question would be, how many people bought a PS2 so they could get rid of their DVD player, only to be disappointed a month because it's a piece of shit they won't read DVDs anymore?

They are GAMING consoles, other features are frivelous. Personally, I am annoyed that they are wasting time and resources trying to out feature the other when they could be building an absolutely mind blowing system for half the fucking price.

as far as xbox and ps2, i've never played either on a high def tv. on normal crt tv's, they look the same. as far as ps3 vs. xbox360, it's just gonna turn into a vote of preference... no matter what the specs, or gameplay for that matter, there are always going to be people that like the xbox no matter what, and people that like ps no matter what. does the ps3 have a normal ps memory card slot, or just the detatcable hard drive? if it doesn't have the memory card slot, that'll suck for like the first year the system is out.

Originally posted by hondarin@Jun 3 2005, 04:23 PM
as far as xbox and ps2, i've never played either on a high def tv. on normal crt tv's, they look the same. as far as ps3 vs. xbox360, it's just gonna turn into a vote of preference... no matter what the specs, or gameplay for that matter, there are always going to be people that like the xbox no matter what, and people that like ps no matter what. does the ps3 have a normal ps memory card slot, or just the detatcable hard drive? if it doesn't have the memory card slot, that'll suck for like the first year the system is out.
[post=507506]Quoted post[/post]​

Sony is changing to memory stick for the PS3.

Originally posted by Battle Pope@Jun 3 2005, 05:26 PM

[post=507510]Quoted post[/post]​

that sucks. :blink: how are you suppose to play ps2 games on the ps3 if you can't use the ps2 memory cards?

Originally posted by ripperbone+Jun 3 2005, 05:35 PM-->
Battle Pope
@Jun 3 2005, 05:26 PM

[post=507510]Quoted post[/post]​

that sucks. :blink: how are you suppose to play ps2 games on the ps3 if you can't use the ps2 memory cards?
[post=507530]Quoted post[/post]​

My guess is they will have an adapter to plug a memry card into the stick slot.

Back