please help building a all motor LS

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

So going from 2.5" outlet to a 2.5" cat to a (not technically tappered just flange to flange) 2.25" cat back exhaust is what I have

well, that wouldn't really be variable but stepped. Variable would only have increase and decrease diameters where needed(much more complicated than it sounds in my previous post), and in more complicated systems allow you to change diameter or even length in real-time.

What did you mean by Variable Diameter in the post before??

:D

tapers down as you go out, similar to a reverse megaphone, and would help maintain velocity as gasses cool and contract.

That's not what I meant- but yes, an exhaust system with varied diameters on the way out would probably work better than just a straight pipe... for certain gas velocities and temperatures. Optimizing an exhaust system this way would be just like optimizing a header or an intake manifold- some ranges gain, the rest lose.

well, that wouldn't really be variable but stepped. Variable would only have increase and decrease diameters where needed(much more complicated than it sounds in my previous post), and in more complicated systems allow you to change diameter or even length in real-time.

:D

Back