Please help me before i shoot myself in the face

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

smooth_criminal

Please help me before i shoot myself in the face. I'm getting a rotaional noise coming from up front (it's not the breaks) it increases with speed, it's loudest while i'm decelerating in gear., kinda like rub, rub, rub, rub , rub. almost starting to sound like a grinding noise. Wheels aren't touching anything. i have no fucking clue what it is, i swear i wish my car would just catch on fire so i could collect the insurane.

First thing you should do is check your rotors. Make sure they aren't rubbing against the brake pad brackets (or whatever you want to call them). If that isn't the problem, it's most likely your wheel bearing. Pull the hub out and check it out. Pull them out and repack them with bearing grease. Better yet, just buy new ones, they are like $15 at AutoZone.

Could be a rock in the caliper. This has happened to a friend of mine, and it's annoying as hell. Easy to fix tho.

jack up your car and try to wiggle the wheel from top to bottom (grab it at 12 o'clock and 6 o'clock) if it feels loose like the lug nuts arent tight its the bearing if not your bearings are fine.

Originally posted by CoreyR@Jun 15 2005, 04:30 PM
jack up your car and try to wiggle the wheel from top to bottom (grab it at 12 o'clock and 6 o'clock) if it feels loose like the lug nuts arent tight its the bearing if not your bearings are fine.
[post=512590]Quoted post[/post]​

thanks for the info. i haven't even bothered with it yet. just went home and drank yesterday.

check the dust shields, it happenned to me. it is really easy to bend them so that they rub against the calipers, it is just as easy to bend them back into place.

did you shoot your self in the face yet? you haven't posted in a couple days. jsut seeing if you're still alive.

:p

Back