Please help me figure out which ECU and Harnes to use

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

vadimqwe

I have a 95 civic which is obd1 and i want to swap b18b from a 99 or up integra. I think its obd2b or obd2a im not sure.. So do i use everything from obd2 (ecu, harness, distributor,ETC) to swap the engine? Also do i just have to swap the engine harness or the whole car harness? if thats the harnesss i need to use, will the rest of my obd1 harness plug in to obd2 ecu? I did a search and read the stickies but all it said was search or it didnt have my specific problem... Thanks guys

They make conversion harnesses that can be purchased for the OBD swap. Rywire.com has them, and I think Monotech (a member on here) has harnesses.

I have a 95 civic which is obd1 and i want to swap b18b from a 99 or up integra. I think its obd2b or obd2a im not sure.. So do i use everything from obd2 (ecu, harness, distributor,ETC) to swap the engine? Also do i just have to swap the engine harness or the whole car harness? if thats the harnesss i need to use, will the rest of my obd1 harness plug in to obd2 ecu? I did a search and read the stickies but all it said was search or it didnt have my specific problem... Thanks guys
the 96-99 integras are obd2a, 00-01 integras are obd2b
the easiest way to do this swap is to just use the integra engine harness that comes with the engine, it will plug right into your obd1 civic's chassis harness at the shock towers, there may be just 1 thing that you have to change in the wiring and that's just a maybe, some obd2 engines came with a 3 wire iacv (or iac or eacv, whatever you want to call it). In order to get the iac to work properly you may have to change 1 or 2 wires; either way there is a writeup in the refrence section, but only if you need it.

for an ecu just buy and obd1 integra ecu, it will run the engine correctly and plug right into your car. they can be had for under 100 on ebay or wherever, part numbers pr4, and p75 but make sure they are obd1 since the pr4 was 0,1,and 2 as well the p75 can be 1 or 2

for an ecu just buy and obd1 integra ecu, it will run the engine correctly and plug right into your car. they can be had for under 100 on ebay or wherever, part numbers pr4, and p75 but make sure they are obd1 since the pr4 was 0,1,and 2 as well the p75 can be 1 or 2

pr4 is only 0 and 1 :p

so as he said the easiest thing to do would be to get either an obd1 pr4 or a p75.

thank you so much, I finally know what I need.
Also, can I use jumper cable for obd2 integra ecu. The reason I want to use it because i already have it and i dont want to get another one. Or would it be easier to chip my po6 ECU since its already non-vtec.
thanks again

thanks guys for your help, so i would be better of to have the obd1 ecu insted of using a jumper harness for obd2. or should i chip my po6 ecu since its already nonvtec

better off using the obd1 ecu, sell the obd2 one to make up the difference.
you can chip the p06 if you want, but it will be cheaper to get the p75 or pr4

ok thanks, so just to make everything clear, i need obd engine harness, plug it in into my obd1 shocktower harness, get obd1 ecu and the rest is plug and play?

use the engine harness from the b series u will have to re wire the distributor the rest plug n play and what ecu to use i have always run a p 28 thats the best ecu it will run anything

use the engine harness from the b series u will have to re wire the distributor the rest plug n play and what ecu to use i have always run a p 28 thats the best ecu it will run anything

why would i have to rewire the distributor if the harness is obd2 and distributor is the same...
i dont have the distributor now so should i get obd1 distributor?

why would i have to rewire the distributor if the harness is obd2 and distributor is the same...
i dont have the distributor now so should i get obd1 distributor?

No, don't worry about what he said, if you get obd1 distributor and try to wire it into the obd2 harness it will be a mess, just use the obd2 dizzy, obd2 harness, the harness will plug directly into your car without modification, and then use the obd1 ecu.
easiest way to do it.
I just did one yesterday, obd2 engine with harness/mounts/axles/linkage etc. from 99 GS into a a 94 dx hatchback civic, dropped right in, used an old integra ecu and it fired right up, no modifications at all.

the 96-99 integras are obd2a, 00-01 integras are obd2b
the easiest way to do this swap is to just use the integra engine harness that comes with the engine, it will plug right into your obd1 civic's chassis harness at the shock towers, there may be just 1 thing that you have to change in the wiring and that's just a maybe, some obd2 engines came with a 3 wire iacv (or iac or eacv, whatever you want to call it). In order to get the iac to work properly you may have to change 1 or 2 wires; either way there is a writeup in the refrence section, but only if you need it.

yoooo... whats the werd on the 4 door gsr? u still gots?

Wrong, please do not post wrong information especially to someone looking for CORRECT information
your responce is vague to say the least, I can think of 4 types of US b series harnesses and another 4 JDM, same with distributors
and a p28 wont run anything but a d16z6 CORRECTLY, you can use it to start and drive just about any obd1 civic or integra if you have to, but the fuel maps and ignition timing as well as redline and vtec engagement paranmeters are wrong for all other engines.
I don't mean to bash, but I can't stand completely wrong information.

Back