Please help me wire vtec on my D15B

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

austinkli

The Blackberry Dude
OK guys, first thing, I'll try to keep this easy to read, but I need REAL help, so read the whole thing. Please do not read 5 lines and then post a link and leave.

I just swapped my motor to a D15B w/vtec. I currently have a 92 DX sedan. I already got the P08 ECU.

Now I've gotten a hold of some diagrams and pinouts that explain what to do. The problem is, according to my diagram pictured below I need to plug the Vtec solenoid into pin A4 in the back of the ECU. No biggie right?

obd1.jpg

Well that's where I ran into my first problem. In the picture below, you can see my A plug. The wire 2nd from the left (orange with white stripe) is already plugged into A4.

So from there I looked to the pinout i have. According to the pinout, the orange wire with a white stripe that is plugged into A4 is the VTS. My question is what is the VTS? What do I do with this?

Abottomside.jpg

okay, i just finished my swap, check my semi-build thread
p08 needs the 1wire o2 sensor, hope u got it

2 pictures that really helped me

http://www.ff-squad.com/tech/wiring/obd1.shocktowerplug.jpg
This is what I used. I spliced into the wires on the harness side, and i guess looking back its kinda ghetto, i manually passed 2 14guage wires through the firewall near the passenger side and manually injected the wires into the ecu plug. Its not pretty, but i'm not a flashy guy. And it works.

The second is a different version of that one u have posted. Post here and I will try and answer all the questions I can about the swap. +rep please :)

VTS stands for Vtec solenoid genious lol.

did you not read the miscellaneous notes up above?

all 92 non-vtec civic and del-slo's were prewired in the cabin harness for vtec. so if you want all you need to do is install a 92-95 civic si or ex engine harness. if you'd rather not spend the money then simply run a wire from A4 to your vtec solenoid. or you might be able to find that vts wire at the cabin harness side in your engine bay, and this would prevent you from having to run the wires through the firewall. you will have to do the same for the vtec pressure switch as well.

VTS stands for Vtec solenoid genious lol.

did you not read the miscellaneous notes up above?

all 92 non-vtec civic and del-slo's were prewired in the cabin harness for vtec. so if you want all you need to do is install a 92-95 civic si or ex engine harness. if you'd rather not spend the money then simply run a wire from A4 to your vtec solenoid. or you might be able to find that vts wire at the cabin harness side in your engine bay, and this would prevent you from having to run the wires through the firewall. you will have to do the same for the vtec pressure switch as well.
Yea, I already hooked it up a couple days before this post, sorry i should have come back in here and said something.

I actually made a thread about finishing here: https://hondaswap.com/hybrid-eg-ek-dc/finished-my-first-motor-swap-377574/

dunno maybe just cause I could :p been playing with p28's and D15B's for awhile now lol

Back