Plz help! Spark plug wires

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Loil

I have a 2001 acura integra gsr (completely stock). I was wondering if it's worth spending $100 to replace the OEM spark plugs and wires with NGK iridium IX plugs and wires. Do your think i should buy it, and does it really going to improve my engine performance? If so, is NGK a good brand or do your recommend something else. Please give me as much advice as possible. THanks for helping!

My friend has a 95 or 96 integra gsr and he had the iridium spark plugs. He swore by them but he didnt know too much about engines and performance except for what he read...no hands on experience. He spent alot of money on them only to end up breaking the ceramic on one of them. From what i've been told, they arent any different than the bosch platinums unless you have a turbo on your car, than i guess they add horsepower. I personally dont see spending the money on the NGK if they arent going to do anything. I dont know about the wires tho. He had nology wires on his car but that is a different story. Hope i helped somehow. :kick: :)

Originally posted by silicon_ghost@Oct 12 2004, 10:16 PM
My friend has a 95 or 96 integra gsr and he had the iridium spark plugs. He swore by them but he didnt know too much about engines and performance except for what he read...no hands on experience. He spent alot of money on them only to end up breaking the ceramic on one of them. From what i've been told, they arent any different than the bosch platinums unless you have a turbo on your car, than i guess they add horsepower. I personally dont see spending the money on the NGK if they arent going to do anything. I dont know about the wires tho. He had nology wires on his car but that is a different story. Hope i helped somehow. :kick: :)
[post=401958]Quoted post[/post]​

I read an article once on HAN about how OEM spark plug wires (honda) are the best regaurdless of the plugs you are running.

NGK iridium IX are like platnium plugs they are made to last longer.

copper has a higher value of conductivity 3x that of iridium.

I suggest using The Stock NGK which I believe has a copper core.
they are cheap and easy to replace. I'd rather have a better conductor
and replace it often. I could change my plugs once a month for the price of those NGK iridium IX plugs.

I'm a fan of ngk "Blues". they are like $45.
plugs, ngk's once again. about 1.99 each.

spending more than 55 bucks on plugs and wires is retarded.

I'm running Nology Hot-Wires (with the 4 grounding straps) with Denso Ir IX plugs and Bosch Cap & Rotor...

Only a dyno could tell the difference on a well-kept car, if you notice a drastic increase in performance from plugs/wires/cap/rotor, it's time to inspect tranny fluid, timing belt, brake fluid(clutch if necessary), PS fluid, Coolant, and last but not least brakes/tires/axles.

If you're running close to stock, why go for the products that say they can withstand 300+ hp? Honda has been working on Honda Parts for quite a few years now, OEM will do with minor bolt-ons.

Back