Portable Power for Apple devices?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

reckedracing

TTIWWOP
VIP
My boss is looking for some portable power for iPhone and iPad charging while in transit for vacation soon.
He found this in the Apple store. $80 5400mAH, 5.71 ounces, 2 iPhone charges.
Incase Portable Power 5400 - Apple Store (U.S.)
I cant help but think its over priced and doesn't pack much juice for the money, but I don't know too much about these gadgets.
Any advice?

I have a Kodak 1500 mah unit of similar variety..

it recharges about half of my cell phone (galaxy sII) before it too is dead.

so 3200 mah would probably give one full charge on the phone.

and it takes FOREVER. like all night to get there.

I think the better question is, HOW is he transiting? plane? car? train?
There's probably better options like inverters/etc.

thanks for the heads up on the duracell $14, 1150mAh, 3.2 ounces

I found an Anker on amazon for $50 with 15000 mAH, weighing in at 11 ounces.
I guess it really depends on how much power will be needed on the go.
There are 2 iPhones, and 2 iPads that could be leeching off this thing if they get stuck in an airport somewhere.

B: travel will be by plane with one planned quick layover each way... but we know how air travel goes.
i would personally go with bigger is better in this situation (the always prepared part of me), but i am sure weight will be a factor in the decision

A buddy of mine has an iPhone case that actually charges. It's not an Apple product but I don't know the name. Basically, you charge both the phone and the case, then the phone uses it battery until it needs to switch to the case's charge. He claims he unplugs it in the morning, uses it all day, then plugs it back in at night. I accomplish the same with my stock Andoid, haha.

thanks for the heads up on the duracell $14, 1150mAh, 3.2 ounces

There are 2 iPhones, and 2 iPads that could be leeching off this thing if they get stuck in an airport somewhere.

B: travel will be by plane with one planned quick layover each way... but we know how air travel goes.
i would personally go with bigger is better in this situation (the always prepared part of me), but i am sure weight will be a factor in the decision

any airport i've travelled in the last 5 years always have phone/device charging stations at each gate.

I LOVE Anker stuff. They crank out consistently good battery packs and multi-plug USB chargers with high current ports for good prices, and they're super reliable too. I carry an older 8.4Ah pack with me every day to feed my phone, and use their high amp chargers at home to juice up the tablets and phones. Stuff charges a lot faster with a full 2A behind it.

There's these entertainment devices that they charge at the factory and the batteries never die.

They're called books.

There's these entertainment devices that they charge at the factory and the batteries never die.

They're called books.

I got something similar to one of those. It's called a kindle. It lasts me for about 15 days. It holds about 500 of those "books" your talking about.

15 days at a time, for two or three years, then into the landfill. I have one too, they're pretty nice.

Back