POS coilovers

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

typesiracing

POS being being adjective not a name brand....well anyway i've installed coilovers before...weapon r in my prelude....but now my girlfriend has gotten these cheapos off of ebay and they came with a ton of the little rubber O rings things and i'm not sure what to do with them.....the instructions don't specify and i've been trying to search and can't find anything....thanks for the help

the o-rings go around the shock to stabilize the sleeve and make sure it doesnt rattle back and forth when you put it around the shock. Use them they work.

Got those same cheapies, Next time i will definatly go with toykio springs. Bought the blue shocks. 91DX rides like a box truck with nuthin in it. CRAZY STIFF. But on the upside it handles awesome. Absolutly no body yaw at all.

they all have 'em. lol

------- perch
==
== <- sleeve
==
()() shove the o rings under it there
[] bottom of shock

Haha yea, even the GC's have them. You need them since you can't really make a sleeve that presses on, and has a solid fit.

My two cents Coil overs are SHIT if you want a real racer. They are unsafe not performance based and noisey. Only Coil overs worth a shit are those that come with threaded struts as a kit like Tien etc.. GC Skunk 2 Junk in my opinon. I got a set when I was working at honda and I started to put them on after seeing how they would sit in the rear strut cup I took them off and returned to my lowering springs. The best set up if you don't have the cash is Tokico or KYb Gas charged struts and lowering springs. Safest and best performance. Happy raceing

yep they are adjustable height springs, not coilovers.

B, you think they suck because you dont have a swaybar. with the ITR swaybar, they are perfect.

actually for my setup i just purchased a JDM MK1 full damper coilover kit but nobody seems to have any insight on them as of yet....they are supposed to be a new brand from japan that are a level up from tein basic.....but i guess i will find out

Originally posted by Projectzc@Apr 15 2004, 05:52 AM
My two cents Coil overs are SHIT if you want a real racer. They are unsafe not performance based and noisey. Only Coil overs worth a shit are those that come with threaded struts as a kit like Tien etc.. GC Skunk 2 Junk in my opinon. I got a set when I was working at honda and I started to put them on after seeing how they would sit in the rear strut cup I took them off and returned to my lowering springs. The best set up if you don't have the cash is Tokico or KYb Gas charged struts and lowering springs. Safest and best performance. Happy raceing

good point. Except most "real racers" aren't driving honda civics either.

Originally posted by liquid00meth@Apr 16 2004, 01:32 AM
good point. Except most "real racers" aren't driving honda civics either.

really, then the Honda challenge series is just some guys on a sunday drive?

Originally posted by 92b16vx@Apr 16 2004, 07:53 AM
Did they use sleeves in that? I don't remember, and my Stupid Street is at work.

I am not sure, but to say that a honda can not be a racecar is just bullshit.

Yes there are alot of Rice boy wanna be's, but there are actually many compeditive honda's, in autocross and in road racing.

Originally posted by asmallsol+Apr 16 2004, 01:10 PM-->
@Apr 16 2004, 07:53 AM
Did they use sleeves in that? I don't remember, and my Stupid Street is at work.

I am not sure, but to say that a honda can not be a racecar is just bullshit.

Yes there are alot of Rice boy wanna be's, but there are actually many compeditive honda's, in autocross and in road racing.

Very true. Just wondering because Skunk2 was in that too, and they don't have a full coilover, so I would think they would use their sleeves.

Anyway sleeves are illegal here, that's why all the German companies have threaded body designs too, for the American market, some have sleeves. But yea GC's and Skunk2's have proven they are good under pressure time and time again. There is no replacement for a good true coilover, but there are even some of those that suck, so you can't just say one design is bad, manufacturer has a lot to do with it, and proper installation.

Back