Possible LCD TV picks, opinions plz.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

i never been on this early......... i dont think

I got up a 4am today. Got to work at 6am and will be leaving to go work on my car at 11am. Had to get in some hours since i am leaving early............ I9 thought by now i would'nt be so excited about my pos car....... Just a new snail and tune..wtf b ut i still woke up every hour on the hour sine 2 this morning

My living room can get quite bright and I have no problems with my plasma Panasonic...

They're called curtains. Buy some first. :thumbsup:

I don't use it nearly as much as my plasma, but my Samsung 26" LCD in my room is pretty sweet.

I do have curtans but still too bright........ When i ahve a theater room i will get a great plasma......till then 42" 120 hrz smooth motion lcd....vizio

Also keep in mind a contrast ratio is a semi-meaningless number as manufactures do not measure that parameter in the same manner.

He's been lurking. His van is parked around back, I hear he has a lot of free candy.

I say Samsung too. I have a 46" 630 series LCD. 120hz 50,000:1 or 60,000:1 contrast ratio (can't remember) with (I think) 4ms refresh rate. In any event...I bought it in '08 and got Sears to match any other competitor's price plus 10% of the differencce. So I got it out the door for $1358.xx (which is a pretty good deal even today) And it was no interest for 18 months (paid it off a few months ago) Still love the TV but would rather have the LED now....and I knew it would happen...soemthing better is always around the corner with these electronics.

IMO its a better picture then Sony, Samsung Plasma is crap and if you really want plasma (I knwo OP doesn't) I would go Panasonic Plasma (but only if you have a dark ass room)

Vizio is good too and cheaper....but I still went with the Samsung. Although its (the Samsung)120hz....it's some 'progressive' shit that I sill don't completely understand.

Samsung plasma's arent crap, just not as good as the G or V series pannys. they're about on par with S series though.

I think they are crap in comparison to other company's plasmas. This is OBVIOUSLY my opinion.

I would go with the toshiba. I have both an LCD Toshiba and a Plasma Panasonic. If the room you are going to put it in is bright your are going to have too much reflection from the Panasonic. It's a great picture and contrast, but you won't notice it if it's in a bright room. The LCD in the other hand is great in any room. The 120hz is great and the picture will not disappoint you.

I would stay away from LEDs right now. Not very reliable, yet. in a few years, they likely will put plasma and lcd out of market.

I would stay away from LEDs right now. Not very reliable, yet. in a few years, they likely will put plasma and lcd out of market.

the only thing plasma will have on affordable localized dimming is response rate, and most people dont seem to care about that or LCD tv's would have never caught on.

I have a 32'' and a 52'' Samsung LCD tv and I absolutely love both of them, they have the greatest picture I have ever seen on an LCD tv before. I would recommend them to anyone

The 600Hz refresh rate is one thing that is leading me toward Plasma, I wasn't interested in Plasma because I thought they were out of my price range

Back