Possible Swaps?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

here2chill

I just bought a 92 Honda Civic DX Hatchback, unfortunately I payed a very low price because it was an automatic. I didn't care to much because alot of people said any good mechanic shop could do an auto to manual conversion for me during the swap. Is this true first off? Is it easy and/or expensive? Secondly, I want my car to be a general daily driver, yet I want to get the best quarter mile possible. I have no smog laws in Canada, and I don't care much about losing a little drivability or mileage for some good 1/4 times. What swap would get the best times, yet me an easy install and offer good room for mod's/turbo apps/ etc..

Thanks in advance for any info. I just wanna see what engine has the best reputation, and if my auto to manual swap will be too much of a pain.

P.S. My dad is a mechanic and said doing that swap I would never get it lined up right and would burn clutches left right and center.

Originally posted by Leroy+-->
Leroy) said:
Jethro! Look over there!
Originally posted by Jethro+-->
Jethro) said:
Huh? Over wh....WHAT THE HELL'S THAT?!?!?
Originally posted by Leroy
I dawnt know, but whoowee it sure looks sharp!

Originally posted by Jethro
It sez somethin, i jes can't make it out...

Originally posted by Leroy
Looks like....like....

Jethro
@
What tha hell's a 'FAQ'???

Leroy

I dawno, d'ya think it's got V-TECH?!?!?!

1. yes they can do an auto to manual conversion.
2. not sure of the price for conversion.
3. how much are u willing to spend.
4. h22, b18b/c1/c5/,b20, lsvtec or crvtec.
5. you wont burn clutches but if the motor and tranny do not line up correcly you will beak axles.

5. you wont burn clutches but if the motor and tranny do not line up correcly you will beak axles.

[Ricky]Lucee, you got some 'splainin ta du[/Ricky]

Originally posted by civicious@Feb 17 2004, 09:02 AM
:blink:

there arent too many ways you can put a tranny on dude...either it's on, or its not....

:withstupid: its either set up right or its set up wrong. i dont think you would ever get a chance to burn a cluth with the wrong tranny cause i dont think you could ever get the wrong parts to work together enough to even move the car to burn the cluth in the first place. with what your doing and a base model DOHC Vtec motor (b16) i think you would be looking at about 3500 to get the manual swap and the engine and get the engine in the car but thats in temrs of are money and prices, not sure what available out there and what the prices are

Originally posted by racerguy_77@Feb 17 2004, 08:24 AM

<_< :kick:

Originally posted by here2chill@Feb 17 2004, 06:24 AM
I just bought a 92 Honda Civic DX Hatchback, unfortunately I payed a very low price because it was an automatic. I didn't care to much because alot of people said any good mechanic shop could do an auto to manual conversion for me during the swap. Is this true first off? Is it easy and/or expensive? Secondly, I want my car to be a general daily driver, yet I want to get the best quarter mile possible. I have no smog laws in Canada, and I don't care much about losing a little drivability or mileage for some good 1/4 times. What swap would get the best times, yet me an easy install and offer good room for mod's/turbo apps/ etc..

Thanks in advance for any info. I just wanna see what engine has the best reputation, and if my auto to manual swap will be too much of a pain.

P.S. My dad is a mechanic and said doing that swap I would never get it lined up right and would burn clutches left right and center.

I just bought a 92 Honda Civic DX Hatchback, unfortunately I payed a very low price because it was an automatic.

Read the entire sentence <_<

Originally posted by civicious@Feb 17 2004, 03:02 PM
:blink:

there arent too many ways you can put a tranny on dude...either it's on, or its not....

:withstupid: Put it on wrong? How are you possibly going to put it on wrong? Maybe backwards, haha.

FYI: Ontario, Canada has E-test which is Emissions testing every two year.

SMOG and e-test sound about the same too me.

Back